Spec me a commuting umbrella

Soldato
I've always stuck with Knirps, same one for years now and never flipped over or anything in the heavy winds/downpours during winter. Small enough to keep in my bag most of the winter.

Soldato
a commuting umbrella

567954-walt_disney_productions.jpg

Man of Honour
Company called Blunt do great umbrellas. Got one for a relative several years ago for dog walking on the North Norfolk coast. Still absolutely fine.

Also, its not got pointed corners for which your other commuters will thank you.

Soldato
Don't forget the popular Russian radioactive isotope injection model.

You're not far off. A Russian was assassinated in London in the late 70's after being stabbed by an Umbrella. Said Umbrella contained a 'injector' that contained a small metal pellet containing Ricin. more about it here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgi_Markov#Assassination

Umbrella spec. I looked on the old rainforest place & ended up buying the one with the 45,000 or so customer reviews. Repel umbrella its called.

Associate
Golfing umbrella's are great for cover but from a practicality sense, are unwieldy - unless you are the tit who walks along a path and everyone has to duck, or the inevitable umbrella clash.

Totes would be my recommendation.

Caporegime
Golfing umbrella's are great for cover but from a practicality sense, are unwieldy - unless you are the tit who walks along a path and everyone has to duck, or the inevitable umbrella clash.

Totes would be my recommendation.
The worst is when you tough it out and just get wet and then some golfing umbrella idiot nigh on takes your eye out with his

Soldato
... we assumed he was referring to an updated Markov umbrella

Company called Blunt do great umbrellas.
might be pretty, and free from poiinty-elbows/eye liability, but the golf's £125 with a 2 year guarantee - would need to be multiple lifetimes

Soldato
... we assumed he was referring to an updated Markov umbrella

might be pretty, and free from poiinty-elbows/eye liability, but the golf's £125 with a 2 year guarantee - would need to be multiple lifetimes
All of your posts have way too much grammar but I love to read them and I think you own your own voice in my brain. Thanks; never stop it.

Associate
Blunt Classic is the best, no doubt. I've had one for years, the things are nigh indestructible. Good coverage too, as well as coming in multiple sizes. Anything else you'll buy won't last in strong winds, which tends to be exactly the kind of time (I at least) end up needing a good brolly. Had been though ~2 each year before going for the blunt, using the low end rubbish is simply myopic, especially if it's expensive low end rubbish.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blunt-Clas...7582&sprefix=blunt+classic+um,aps,150&sr=8-11

OvVTshC.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
Fulton Stormshield as linked earlier 100%. Light, Immensely Strong, and they seem a very good company. A few years ago, I ripped mine on an overhanging rose bush and emailed Fulton to see if they could just supply a replacement canopy - they just sent me a brand new one without question!

Soldato
Fulton Stormshield as linked earlier 100%. Light, Immensely Strong, and they seem a very good company. A few years ago, I ripped mine on an overhanging rose bush and emailed Fulton to see if they could just supply a replacement canopy - they just sent me a brand new one without question!
Trust a man's advice about brollies when his name is Butler.

Back
Top Bottom