Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Well as per my previous posts, I'm sad to say we had to have Meg put to sleep on Monday afternoon. Last Friday evening she began struggling to eat, her appetite was good, she came up to us at her usual meal times as normal, but the tumour in her mouth/jaw was preventing her from eating properly, so we called the vet and they arranged to come out on the Monday. In the mean time we added water to her food (a soft pate anyway) so she could eat easier, but you could tell it was frustrating her and she'd paw at her mouth after eating :( She got through the weekend and I rushed home from work on Monday to get 10 minutes with her before the vet arrived. Safe to say I was a mess! Thankfully she passed very quickly and is now at peace, although probably now teasing her brother up there somewhere! (We lost Ozzie her brother just over 12 months ago)

Now it feels so strange without her in the house. It'll be the first time in 34 years without a cats in the house.

So rest in peace my beautiful 2;

obF89CE.jpg

0Yf2mMe.jpg

Ah man, that post made me well up :(

My own cat Jinx is going off her food and is really thin, I'm thinking she's coming to the end. She's 14

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Ah man, that post made me well up :(

My own cat Jinx is going off her food and is really thin, I'm thinking she's coming to the end. She's 14

Sorry chap!

Might be worth a trip to the vets for Jinx, it might not be anything serious. Cats go off their food for all sorts of reasons, not all are serious.

It could well be an easy fix!

Soldato
Ronnie doesn't sit up here very often.
He has not long come in and he was soaked -it doesn't seem to bother him -I did rub him down while he was eating but he is still wet.

I am decorating computer room so there is a bit of sanding dust on keyboard.

2nJrD5V.jpg

Soldato
I said on the last page how Squeak was getting old at 17.5. He was hit by a car tonight but I got to him before he died. I am so sad. Idiot didn't even stop...

TimU0cL.jpg

gkXGIf0.jpg
So sorry for your loss.
:(

How did you knoe to go find him?

I lost mine/mt gf's cat one night last year. She didn't come back before bedtime and I knew sonething was wrong. I went out to look on the road and my heart broke to see her slumped on the pavement, skull broken. I can only hope she didn't suffee from the impact. I cried so much that night.

I stopped her sister and new rescue cat going out after sunset and before sunrise since then. The risk is still there, but hopefully less.

Soldato
We live in a rented flat without a catflap. As a result he would call as he came down the opposite street so I would be there with the door open when he got there. He called as usual but didn't make it across the road. I haven't cried yet.

Associate
We live in a rented flat without a catflap. As a result he would call as he came down the opposite street so I would be there with the door open when he got there. He called as usual but didn't make it across the road. I haven't cried yet.

Oh man thats horrid.. Feel for you. Poor Squeak. Sounds like a character

Back
Top Bottom