Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Despite our usage being around £60 for the last few months and having £250 in credit on the account the Bulb app refuses to let me set my monthly to less than £95

It's currently set at £90 so I could overpay over the last few months

Pretty annoying considering they might go under and I want to chip into the credit a bit

Soldato
same and octopus havent contacted me yet. Should have switched to the bigger guys in hindsight :(

You should have received some sort of email? Did Avro have your most up to date info?

No confirmation on the costs as yet but I've had 2 or 3 emails already from Octopus about the takeover from Avro.

Soldato
same and octopus havent contacted me yet. Should have switched to the bigger guys in hindsight :(

You should have received some sort of email? Did Avro have your most up to date info?

No confirmation on the costs as yet but I've had 2 or 3 emails already from Octopus about the takeover from Avro.

I've heard nout from Octopus either, but I thought that was because the switch to Avro never took place even though it appears to have done so. I've not heard from Green's successor Shell either.

All made an issue by the fact that both Green and Avro went bust the day before the switch was due to take place, so it's all rather uncertain.

Soldato

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Has anyone received any account details from EDF after Utility Point went bust? All I've received so far is a "Welcome" email.

It took over two months when I got transferred from Green Energy Network to EDF.

Caporegime
Wow.

Just did a comparison out of interest for Scottish Power who signed up for.

Nearly 8p a unit for gas!

No one would sign up for that

te7zqPq.jpg

Soldato
Despite our usage being around £60 for the last few months and having £250 in credit on the account the Bulb app refuses to let me set my monthly to less than £95

It's currently set at £90 so I could overpay over the last few months

Pretty annoying considering they might go under and I want to chip into the credit a bit

Could always cancel your direct debit and then set it up again in a couple of months once you've eaten through your credit.

Associate
What is the p/kWhr price atm, I believe my fix is currently 17p . I’m dreading the move to variable.. I was subscribed to the mse cheap energy club but got a message today that they are pausing recommendations ..

Soldato
mare you talking about the daily standing charge whether you use electricity or not?

No he's referring to the unit cost of gas. Typically the longer fixed terms have a higher price because you are then shielded if the price goes up further (assuming your supplier doesn't go bust). But you may pay well over the odds for gas at the start of the term compared to what you might save at the end.

It's similar to mortgages, if you fix for longer - 10 years then the monthly cost is more than a 2/5 year fix.

Back
Top Bottom