LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Associate
I've put 03.30.05 on my CX this morning. All seems to work well.

Dolby Vision at 120Hz with Freesync enabled
Fixed refresh rate values on the Freesync info box as well.

Associate
Had to Change the batteries in the Magic Remote again last night.
It only gets used for settings/Hub etc. 99% of the time we use the SkyQ remote.
I have emailed support and will report back...

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've put 03.30.05 on my CX this morning. All seems to work well.

Dolby Vision at 120Hz with Freesync enabled
Fixed refresh rate values on the Freesync info box as well.
That a beat build? I'm on 03.23.25 and it says no updates found.

Associate
Don't do it.

It's betaware. Some people have been stuck with engineering firmware for years because the final release numbers have been below what they downloaded.

Just wait for the final release.

Associate
I've been enjoying my 65" C8 since I purchased from new several years ago and frankly am still happy with it. However now I'm back in to console gaming the itch has started to explore 120hz/VRR and all the other good stuff HDMI2.1 would add. I was going to be quite happy to pull the trigger on either a 77" LG C1 or 65" G1.

- But no -

Why oh why did LG pull DTS from the new models? Dolby monopoly?? One of my main uses on the C8 is using the built in Plex app to stream my movies from my NAS. Whilst I've owned an Nvidia Shield in the past I'd prefer to keep a simple setup as it simply just works for me. I understand it doesn't support DTS natively or even pass through. Whilst Plex could potentially transcode audio, I understand it may then have ramifications on subtitles/HDR.

As much as I like the LG brand and product offering - it's pretty much ruled it out for me now. Should I now wait to see what the 2022 releases look like from both LG and others?

Associate
Just got my 65" C1 and I love it and love the picture but I have noticed some odd things happening to the picture when using Amazon & Steam Games app ( Amazon - Both left and right bottom corners on the app look like the Screen has white bleed - not completely black menu like rest of screen )

Steam app should be black / Grey but I can see vertical lines going trough the app menu ..... I have selected 10 Bit Nvidia profile and use 8k 2.1 HDMI Cable..... Could some of you C1 owners check your screens and tell me if you get the same ? I don't get it on HDR movies or anything else if I am honest so my guess is the Apps Amazon and Steam are using for backgrounds and not completely black but a blend of Greys....

Soldato
Just got my 65" C1 and I love it and love the picture but I have noticed some odd things happening to the picture when using Amazon & Steam Games app ( Amazon - Both left and right bottom corners on the app look like the Screen has white bleed - not completely black menu like rest of screen )

Steam app should be black / Grey but I can see vertical lines going trough the app menu ..... I have selected 10 Bit Nvidia profile and use 8k 2.1 HDMI Cable..... Could some of you C1 owners check your screens and tell me if you get the same ? I don't get it on HDR movies or anything else if I am honest so my guess is the Apps Amazon and Steam are using for backgrounds and not completely black but a blend of Greys....
So are you using Steam and Amazon apps native to the TV or do you mean PC input, with those two on the PC?

Typically I'd say apps like that have no concept of HDR or even decent image quality/dynamics. Native apps would just look dull or badly rendered e.g. colour banding from stock background images. Via a PC I'd expect similar really but you may have more weird artifacts as it's then being rendered to an HDR viewport and sent over HDMI then reprocessed.

Associate
a>
So are you using Steam and Amazon apps native to the TV or do you mean PC input, with those two on the PC?

Typically I'd say apps like that have no concept of HDR or even decent image quality/dynamics. Native apps would just look dull or badly rendered e.g. colour banding from stock background images. Via a PC I'd expect similar really but you may have more weird artifacts as it's then being rendered to an HDR viewport and sent over HDMI then reprocessed.

I have the HDMI from my 3080 going direct in to LG C1 HDMI 1 port / here’s a picture of the issue on steam / odd lines shooting up the screen at the bottom.

Soldato
Hey all, who here has mounted their CX? I have a 55 and am thinking of mounting it but it's plasterboard.

Not done one before so any tips appreciate,. Recommended brackets etc? Just flat, nothing fancy

Soldato
I've got 55" TVs mounted to plasterboard. Modern TVs are not that heavy compared to earlier LCDs, and definitely lighter than plasmas. Just have to use enough fixings to be confident - use expanding plasterboard anchors that fold out behind the board. Then make sure you're confident by pulling hard on the bracket before mounting the TV :D

Obviously a solid mounting point is preferable but it's doable, I've done two or three 48 and 55" TVs onto board.

Edit: use the entirely flat brackets that you hook the TV onto at the top then let it rest flat. They have virtually no leverage (leverage = more stress on the wall fixings) compared to any arm type ones.

Man of Honour
Hey all, who here has mounted their CX? I have a 55 and am thinking of mounting it but it's plasterboard.

Not done one before so any tips appreciate,. Recommended brackets etc? Just flat, nothing fancy

I've got a 65CX on a plasterboard wall, absolutely no issues. Had a 55 C7/C9 on there for a few years before with no problems so you'll be fine as long as you get a decent mount. Mine is just a standard flat to the wall job, no adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom