Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Does anyone have any recommendations for decent wheel cleaning brushes that don't fall apart after about 10 uses? I've gone through 3 packs of these and it's getting ridiculous now - even after meticulous cleaning and drying after each use they disintegrate all over my driveway.

No doubt there will be plenty of recommendation’s to robust wheel brushes but after looking at the style you linked an alternative I can think of are Meguires Supreme Microfibre Wheel Brush (£13 for Medium / £17 for Large) on Amazon.

No issues with mine, it’s kept plush and no signs of disintegration.

If I recall correctly the actual brand of what you linked are called “Wheel Woolies”
perhaps they last longer than the Chinese knock offs :p

Wheel Woolies
https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/collections/wheel-woolies

Last edited:
Soldato
Autobrite appear to have a sale on so what better excuse to pick up a bunch more products…

I need a new drying towel, shampoo and wheel cleaner.

5L Purple Velvet - High Gloss Shampoo (Usually go for a Shampoo with no gloss enhancers etc but going to give this a go)

5L Brite Gel
(Watched a couple of videos seems to work well when agitated and due to the consistency and cling)

The Hustler Twisted Loop Drying Towel
(My Auto Finesse Aqua Deluxe has seen better days as it’s lost some of it’s plushness and isn’t as absorbent as it used to be)

Minus the above is there any product of Autobrite which is a must have? Any hidden gems, only ever used Magifoam from Autobrite.

I get on with the AB stuff.

Really rate Purple Rain, Liquid Abyss is good too.

Associate
Does anyone have any recommendations for decent wheel cleaning brushes that don't fall apart after about 10 uses? even after meticulous cleaning and drying after each use they disintegrate all over my driveway.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/valet-pro-plastic-non-scratch-brush

I've had one for nearly 2 years and it's not fallen to bits despite use with chemicals on wheels.

I've also found that for cleaning the barrels, my wheel woolies have lasted really well and still perform as well as the day I bought them.

Soldato
@Gilbert89 @Muska - Cheers guys. I should have just gone with wheel woollies the first time. Classic case of buy cheap, buy twice (or more)

know how you feel, just seems difficult to accept that amount for hair on a stick :D but as others have found out, they really do last, I originally went 4 or 5 cheap version, each time I said to myself, this cheap one will surely last this time :)

Soldato
Gave mine a good wash for the first time in about 6 months a couple weeks ago (snow foam/bucket wash/ poorboys black hole polish / sealant)

Also bought a £3 alloy scrubber as my old one broke - as you can see my alloys aren't the best shape for cleaning!

xT5HgnE.jpg

Soldato
Recieved a Maguires set for my birthday so just gave the car a good seeing to..

I noticed swirls in the gloss black parts in today's sunshine. Anything recommended to combat that? Or reduce them a bit

V_R

V_R

Soldato
On the subject of glass, spec me some decent glass cleaner, Mr Muscle isn't cutting it on the car. Need some new cloths too...

Associate
On the subject of glass, spec me some decent glass cleaner, Mr Muscle isn't cutting it on the car. Need some new cloths too...

I've always found the cloths make the difference, I just use supermarket glass cleaner.

I use older microfibres (not ancient but not brand new) that have zero lint at all, spray onto the window, wipe it off then wipe it again with a second, dry cloth. Does the trick with anything stubborn that I've met.

I've always found that brand new "lint free" microfibres seem to have a habit of leaving really tiny flecks of lint behind that you can see in the sun early in the morning. Think I've just been unlucky as I've tried a fair few cloths over time.

Soldato
Thanks I did see a few videos using disks and lots of sanding etc looked a good bit of hassle so will see if I can find some used glass cheap.
I tried this on my kitchen glass. The numpty before me managed to scratch every. single. panel. with a crap sand and paint job.

The kits you find on eBay...........yeah right buddy. No way those videos aren't staged. Ended up in a right mess and having to replace the glass anyway. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom