Please help, think im in over my head

Associate
Evening guys, i recently got hold of a gigabyte arorus elite and a 5800x to go in my system.

Q-flashed the bios to the latest version then proceded to put in the cpu, ram and gpu.

However, when i turned on my pc i had no display what so ever, in either the dport or hdmi. I have a EVGA 2070 black edition and was in full working order. All the system fans were spinning.

I have 32gig of Corsair vengence rgb 3200 memory.

I took out the cpu to check for damage pins, all seems good but now when i power up, only one GPU fan spins.

My old mobo got bricked during a bios update so cant swap it back in. Any ideas?

Man of Honour
One GPU fan spinning isn't necessarily a problem, smart fans are load dependent but varies from card to card etc. In the BIOS as it's been flashed and naturally reset by default, the first display may well be onboard GFX, so have you tried plugging the monitor into the mobo's onboard display outputs? If that works then go into the BIOS and simply disable onboard GFX or change the initial display adapter as the 2070, options and naming varies from mobo to mobo so might have to search around the BIOS for it.

You will also need to check other settings like the RAM is in XMP mode not the default speed as the BIOS has been flashed.

Associate
First of all make sure you are not using display outputs on motherboard. Only use ones on GPU. Do check that monitor is set to the right input after boot.

Would be helpful to know exact motherboard model.
Does it have onboard error LEDs? Beep speaker plugged in? Any beeps?

Regular procedure, one stick of ram in rightmost slot, cpu, gpu, nothing else connected.

Associate
The 5800 doesn't have on board graphics so can't use the motherboard hdmi. Have you reset the cmos?

Sorry to jump into this thread but I can’t believe I didn’t know this!! I’ve been having issues with my graphics card and tried using the onboard graphics which didn’t work either and this explains it! Graphics card fixed now though :D

Soldato
Yeah, stop updating the bios on your motherboards... If it's not broken don't fix it, I think I have ran a bios update twice in 20 years

Back
Top Bottom