Halo Infinite

Man of Honour
What movement options have they removed since H5?
It's been a long time since i played H5, dropped it pretty quick for MCC instead.

I'm not a fan of dash/dodge, think i saw that one still in. Also sprint, but i think that's never going to go anywhere with any FPS now, so it is what it is :)

Sprint is only a 2% speed increase (next to worthless) and spartan charge, ground pound, directional dashing (both grounded and airborne), and crouch jumping for additional height have all been removed.

Boosting is the big one, with its removal massively dumbing down the amount of influence intelligence has in combat. Some people like the brain-off simplicity of just having your aim dictate the outcome, but I really enjoy outsmarting my opponents in the games I play.

Associate
Sounds good! Thanks. Forgot about those. Shame crouch jumps are out, a long time favourite of mine. But interesting how little the sprint adjustment is compared to base speed. Guess they're trying for a good middle ground.

Man of Honour
Sounds good! Thanks. Forgot about those. Shame crouch jumps are out, a long time favourite of mine. But interesting how little the sprint adjustment is compared to base speed. Guess they're trying for a good middle ground.

You no longer show on radar unless you sprint or shoot, so not a single person is sprinting in PvP when you add that to the mere 2% speed increase.

It's a far simpler game.

Associate
That's certainly interesting, actually i like that, i think. Playing is obviously the decider there. And i guess social/btb could differ. How big does the radar feel out of curiosity?

Man of Honour
That's certainly interesting, actually i like that, i think. Playing is obviously the decider there. And i guess social/btb could differ. How big does the radar feel out of curiosity?

20m, but bigger difference is that the directional sound tells you everything you need to know about your surroundings so I'm not actually aware of how much I used it vs using sound to track players through walls.

Man of Honour
Halo infinite will launch on 8 December without coop and without forge.

It’s starting to look like a train wreck like Halo 5 and Halo MCC. You would have thought that they learned their lesson after launching 2 games in a row missing a lot of fan favorite content.

Any bets on how few multiplayer maps there will be and how many MP modes are missing at launch?

Associate
Could have predicted this, as could have anyone.

The xbox MCC launch was the biggest media disapointment ever for me. Followed by years of BS. That surpassed Duke Nukem Forever and Destiny by miles for me. I have zero faith in 343i's ability to deliver a game as advertised, and that's removing blame for the outsourced bits.

Still, free to play, that's something.

Soldato
It plays like a blend of Halo 3 and Reach for me - with plenty of new things (grapple etc) to keep it really fresh. BTB is now 12v12 on larger maps - it’s well worth checking out some videos on YouTube

Back
Top Bottom