• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Windows 11 VBS tanks gaming performance?

Soldato
Have you tried turning off secure boot? I heard secure boot can lower performance- but it may become harder to not use in the future, for example it will become mandatory having it on to play Valorant and other online games may use things like secure boot as a security feature against hacks.

As much as people will complain about W11 system requirements, game developers can take advantage of the new security features to make it much harder to inject hacks into online games and fewer hackers is a good thing by me. But unfortunately security isn't usually free and it can hit performance
Having less hackers in games is absolutely not worth it. PC is the only remaining personal device that we have full control over.

Soldato
lol. do you even game bro?
I game, and I really dislike cheaters, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my personal freedom for a weak claim of less cheaters. Cheaters will, just like pirates, find a way around and the regular consumer will be left with a worse experience. If certain developers insist on this approach then I'll play something else.

Soldato
Its an OEM feature isnt it? majority of us will have self built PC's so doesnt matter?

I mean I can turn it on if I want.....otherwise it defaults to off.

Just out of curiosity does it mean if it's an OEM key that its enabled and a retail key will get an option/toggle ?

Permabanned
Just out of curiosity does it mean if it's an OEM key that its enabled and a retail key will get an option/toggle ?

Not sure, its all a bit clickbaity for information so far.

I actually just tried to turn it on and I cant because I have some incompatible drivers, I wonder if it will just be turned on for OEM PC manufacturers who are supplying an exact set of hardware and drivers.

Permabanned
I've been there done that before with being an early adopter of windows.

A lot of people ran xp for instance even after many newer windows versions were released after as it was still king for a long while in terms of overall package.

I want a 100% stable and proven platform and anyone using a new windows version before the first major service pack or two has been released is simply a beta tester.

Also what benefits do you gain with windows 11 that a normal user would benefit from?

I'm normally the first person to upgrade firmware, bios, etc. But I have learned over many many years that it's best to wait for things to settle down and adopt a much more stable platform.

Just wanted to see what would happen and what it looked like to be honest.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Associate
does anyone know how to turn off VBS? when i go into core isolation i get an error saying "page unavailable" so there is no on-off option for Memory Integrity?

Caporegime
I’m very tempted as I use an HDR tv as a monitor but, I’m still rocking my 4790K which is officially unsupported so despite being able to workaround install it, I’m expecting hassle down the line…..

Associate
Meh lets see what the HDR fuss is and guinea pig it, have a secondary monitor 55 OLED for sit back gaming with a controller etc, plus if it goes **** up its a good excuse for a clean install.

Back
Top Bottom