Final Fantasy XIV

Associate
I started as WAR and levelled a WHM purely to skip dungeon queues.. levelled my MIN out of curiosity.

I’ve heard levelling gatherers/crafters at the same time is a good approach but if mining has taught me anything it’s super expensive.

Associate
Been playing this about 2-3 times a week for the past month, currently levelling a bit of everything at the same time (switching between jobs each session) because I'm extremely indecisive in what I want to play and don't really mind taking far longer to level up than the average player... I also find that picking a different job to play as in each gaming session helps to keep me from feeling burnt out from it becoming too samey.

I started out with my main job as an Arcanist/Summoner, then after getting that to level 40 started slow burning all the other jobs.
At the moment I've got the Summoner/Scholar at 60 and most of the other jobs at 20-30.

Associate
Seems to be a lot of excitement for Reaper and Sage jobs in the upcoming Endwalker expansion so might be time for me to level a DPS.. dungeon queue times should be way down!

I just wish SE could find a balance between too many cutscenes in FF and too many fetch/kill/forgetful quests like WoW.

Associate
I've been playing for a bit now on Twintania. Almost levelled my Dragoon to 80. Have been thoroughly enjoying it.

Tanks I think will have the best queue times come Endwalker simply due to so many levelling Sage and Reaper.

Associate
After 4 months of hardcore play time (near 400hrs eeek) I’m finally nearing the end of post ShB msq.

Sadly it’s not going to be worth gearing beyond ilvl 510 so close to the next expansion..

Associate
Finished post ShB quests.. not sure what to do now until EW. Sadly with the huge influx of new players I fear EW launch will be a disaster with 4 figure login queues.. may even unsub until new year when hopefully things will have settled down.

Associate
I'm just starting ShB but once that's all done farming Lore tokens for MGP seems to be the main thing outside of all the normal activities.

Also a bit worried for the launch queues so never logging out (and making it worse) sound like the trick. ;)

Associate
If you have a farming group...coil turn 2. 3-4 mins per 3 tokens :)
Don't you mean a blue mage farming group.

The only other way to get the maximum number of moogle tomestones without having to suffer through FFXIV the movie is either the crystal tower 24 man raids or any of the other dungeons that drop moogle tomestones.

Associate
You can also pvp. Frontlines and Rival Wings I'm reasonable sure give a good number of tokens for the time invested.

I've been Blu Coil groups in PartyFinder so still seems popular. From what I hear you just need to keep an eye on people trying to loot the chests at the end all to themselves.

Associate
Decided I really should finish all of those blue unlock quests.. currently going through the Eden raids which is fun but struggling for tanks atm.. lucky I main tank and healer so pick whichever has the shorter queue.

Music always delivers in this game.

Associate
So who is playing Endwalker? I am fair way through and man the story is amazing and the dungeons are exceptional very much enjoying it.

Associate
Slowly going through EW when I can get on in the morning. Very much enjoying it.

The queues are a joke though and while I’ve read all the reasons etc it just isn’t good enough for a company like SE.

Associate
I don't mind the queues it's to be some what expected, but sadly the 2002 error that boots you out is a bad one.

And hope they sort it asap so at least I don't need to baby sit the queue and can just go do other things for 2-3 hours.

Associate
In the latest news they "...have decided to temporarily suspend the sale and delivery of FINAL FANTASY XIV Starter Edition and Complete Edition. Additionally, although those with an active subscription are prioritised to log in, Free Trial players are unable to log in outside of late night and early morning hours, and so we will also temporarily suspend new registrations for the Free Trial."

We're up to 14 days free play time as well added to all live accounts I believe.

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/5169192e6b26c12c837a69654e7b54b9b5d28d21

Back
Top Bottom