iPhone 13 pro Face Id

Associate
Out of interest have you a screen protector?

I do, i'm using the Spigen EZ Fit tempered glass protector. I have always found them to be the best. It’s definitely not that though, as the protector goes around the camera/FaceID module perfectly.

I actually reset FaceID and did the scans again, holding the phone in a more natural position the second time and it now seems to be working as it should. I think I may have held it a little too far away when I did the initial scans.

Soldato
OP
I do, i'm using the Spigen EZ Fit tempered glass protector. I have always found them to be the best. It’s definitely not that though, as the protector goes around the camera/FaceID module perfectly.

I actually reset FaceID and did the scans again, holding the phone in a more natural position the second time and it now seems to be working as it should. I think I may have held it a little too far away when I did the initial scans.

funny enough I discover yesterday the Face ID works at the distance we set up at better. Whilst in the past it didn’t matter. As I tried my wife 12 pro which was mine and it works what ever distance. So the changes Apple made to make the notch smaller had effect it

Associate
funny enough I discover yesterday the Face ID works at the distance we set up at better. Whilst in the past it didn’t matter. As I tried my wife 12 pro which was mine and it works what ever distance. So the changes Apple made to make the notch smaller had effect it

I agree, it does seem slightly more distance sensitive than previous FaceID models. I’ve actually had them all: X, XS Max, XR (current work phone), 11 Pro Max, 12 Pro Max. The flood illuminator and dot projector are now in a single module.

Soldato
OP
I agree, it does seem slightly more distance sensitive than previous FaceID models. I’ve actually had them all: X, XS Max, XR (current work phone), 11 Pro Max, 12 Pro Max. The flood illuminator and dot projector are now in a single module.
Personally I think it a bad move

Soldato
I'm now finding my 13 pro is noticeably better Face ID than my old Xs ? Its super fast/quick, in fact its unlocked well off to my right or left, alarmingly so ! :cry:

It's interesting people are having the opposite issue.

Commissario

Perhaps you have a faulty phone.

Associate
I wonder how necessary screen protectors are now with ‘Ceramic Shield’?

The last iPhone I used without a protector was my 6 Plus and after a year it did have some very fine hairline scratches in the display that you could only see when the display was off and if you held the phone under light. And that was with me being very careful.. not putting phone in same pocket as keys etc. Since then I’ve always used a glass protector. I think the scratches were in the oleophobic coating. I don’t want to risk not using one now.

Soldato
OP
The problem isn’t the shattering though, it’s the scratches. Without a screen protector they get ruined with fine scratches everywhere.

i have ordered a screen protector from
Amazon that says it for the 13 pro just to see if it makes any difference to my 12 pro. In case they was altered for the camera but can’t see that.

Back
Top Bottom