Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Kindle Oasis pouch - the traditional flappy case just takes too much away from the comfort of holding and using the device. Naked is better.

9ycZmIM.jpg

That's funny, I really like the flappy case. I read anywhere and everywhere, so I like the protection it gives. But I can also see the appeal of using the device naked (both myself and the Kindle in some instances). I've got the Paperwhite btw.

Caporegime
That's funny, I really like the flappy case. I read anywhere and everywhere, so I like the protection it gives. But I can also see the appeal of using the device naked (both myself and the Kindle in some instances). I've got the Paperwhite btw.
Quite interested in the new paperwhite. Bigger screen which is better for me as I use a large font size.

Soldato

I've been happy using the flappy case with the Paperwhite model I previously owned. But the Oasis design has a grip on one side which the flappy case impedes. It ruins the ergonomics of it.

Ironically enough the Switch OLED has a glass screen so protecting it isn't as necessary as before.

Definitely not as necessary but still a good thing to have. Nintendo being Nintendo the screen won't be gorilla glass.

Caporegime
Cheers for these. I've been looking at a new card holder and these look perfect.

No problem. Just remember that although the description says 9 cards…it only has 4 slots on the inside and 1 slot on the outside. I think they say you can fit 2 cards per slot on the inside…which you can but that's makes it too tight IMO.

Soldato
Quite interested in the new paperwhite. Bigger screen which is better for me as I use a large font size.

I would love a new Kindle, but I find them expensive. I don't know if that's my cheap logic, but my current one works so well it just doesn't bother me. I can see why a newer one would benefit you if you have issues with your eyesight, though.

I've been happy using the flappy case with the Paperwhite model I previously owned. But the Oasis design has a grip on one side which the flappy case impedes. It ruins the ergonomics of it.

Oh really? I hadn't seen that. I drop mine on the floor and it gets wet occasionally, so I think full protection is a must.

Soldato
I would love a new Kindle, but I find them expensive. I don't know if that's my cheap logic, but my current one works so well it just doesn't bother me. I can see why a newer one would benefit you if you have issues with your eyesight, though.

Oh really? I hadn't seen that. I drop mine on the floor and it gets wet occasionally, so I think full protection is a must.

I sometimes think this too, i wouldn't mind the Oasis with the side grip. @2StepSteve can you "flip" the screen so it can be used with either hand?

I like to wedge my fingers in between the flappy case when holding with my right hand, and it annoys me if i ever want to use my left hand not having that (maybe annoys is a strong word!)

EDIT - Just googled it and it seems it does have an auto-rotate function. I never knew that!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
New camera, Fujifilm X-E4 and the new 33mm 1.4 lens.

IMG-0040.jpg

IMG-0041.jpg

Soldato
I have around 7TB of storage on my file server, but some of the partitions were running low on space, so off I went to Amazon to look for some more. I forget how it presented itself to me, but I found myself looking at a 18TB Seagate HDD, at only £133.99...

I sent the link to a few people asking what I was missing? Why would it be so cheap? No-one could really tell me. 'What the hell' I thought and placed an order. It said not due in stock until mid Oct, but they took payment during the order.

Fully expecting it to get cancelled, I wasn't surprised when I got an email from Amazon the next day... except the email was telling me it would ship early... sure enough, it arrived on Saturday!

0aBi5yd.jpg

Apparently, some of my mates, who clicked the link an hour after I sent it, said it was already showing as £550, NO COMPETITOR LINKING!!!. (Well, I see it's down to £500, but still) Looks like I got rather lucky!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom