Fighter Jets over London

Associate
Had my windows rattled this morning as 4 Fighter Jets flying low and in formation passed overhead.

(Not my pictures)
FBAKjf8-VIAE-T-I.jpg

FBALd-S8-UYAMBlur.jpg

Turns out they are American F-15s on a practice flyby over the Tottenham stadium for the upcoming NFL games.

If anyone is around over the coming weekends you should get a good view:

A flypast of four US military jets will take place over the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium as part of a US football event.

The flypast will (or at least should be) by four F-15 Eagle fighter planes based at RAF Lakenheath in Suffolk.

An unusual sight to look out for if in the area.

There will be flypasts on both 10th and 17th October. The flypast is timed to be between 2:15pm to 2:45pm, but as the kick-off of the football matches is at 2:30pm, it's likely that the flypast will be earlier.

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2021/10/10/us-military-jets-flying-over-north-london-277895

Here is the route they took this morning:
jets.png

Interactive map here:
https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae1795

Soldato
I guess they won't be coming over west London much no? We usually get a great view of any flypasts over Buckingham Palace, as we seem to be on a direct line for them (wherever they come from/are going). Can often watch it on TV then a few seconds/minutes later they come overheard still in formation;

hecu3V3.jpg

HrH85Fk.jpg

The red arrows always peel off much faster though :(

Soldato
If the kick-off is at 14:30 then the flyby will be no later than 14:25 right as the national anthem finishes. Also, the flyby will most likely be North to South then a left turn and back up towards RAF Lakenheath.

Associate
OP
I guess they won't be coming over west London much no? We usually get a great view of any flypasts over Buckingham Palace, as we seem to be on a direct line for them (wherever they come from/are going). Can often watch it on TV then a few seconds/minutes later they come overheard still in formation;

hecu3V3.jpg
The shape of the Typhoons makes them look great in a diamond formation.

Soldato
Love the sound of a big Jet -If we hear one we race outside but usually all we see is them going into the clouds -They never come over on a cloudless day.
We mostly get training jets as we are close to Shawbury

I was hoping it was something to do with Mrs. Patel finally getting tough on climate protesters myself ;)

Likewise. Those cretins have already left one woman paralysed because they prevented her from getting to hospital in a timely manner. For every incident the results in life-changing injury or death, they need to be held liable and sentenced with the equivalent jail term that you would get for either GBH or manslaughter.

Associate
OP
Is this big news in London or something?

I see sights like this every other day with jets training.
In London seeing any non commercial aircraft is very rare. Over the years I've had F35s, Chinooks, Black Hawks, V-22 Ospreys, Lancasters and Spitfires fly over my house and were nothing like this experience. Even standing on the Mall for the RAF centenary flyby of 100 aircraft was a whole load quieter.

Maybe they were being deliberately noisy for the spectacle because it sounded more like the sounds I associate with news footage in a war zone.

Back
Top Bottom