Fighter Jets over London

Soldato
Being petty...and I do think it's cool....but is anyone else feel just a little against this?

I mean sure, certain days we have flybys for royal events and war services.

Sports events....it's all a very American-style show of power. I get they pay for these out of their own pocket and even recall Stephen Fry's series where he went to a college football game and they had a flyby there but part of me is happy we usually keep this kind of thing for special occasions, not sports events.

Soldato
Sports events....it's all a very American-style show of power. I get they pay for these out of their own pocket and even recall Stephen Fry's series where he went to a college football game and they had a flyby there but part of me is happy we usually keep this kind of thing for special occasions, not sports events.

In fairness, it is an American sports event that just happens to be in London :p

Associate
I saw a ton of them taking off and landing (viewing from the Public viewing area at Lakenheath) a few weeks back. They are pretty darn noisy but impressive kit

Associate
Being petty...and I do think it's cool....but is anyone else feel just a little against this?

I mean sure, certain days we have flybys for royal events and war services.

I'm glad we don't do it but I don't care that the yanks do, even when it's done here.

Soldato
A few years ago Cosford had it's annual Air show but that year they were going to fend off an attack from enemy aircraft - It was a Sunday so I was off shooting but wife was in the garden when two jets came over at tree top height from behind and she hit the deck - She looked up and all she could see was afterburner flames. She loved it but it did frighten the life out of her.

Another one was in early 70's - we hadn't been together long and was driving towards King Heath in Brum when car started to vibrate and all of a sudden a Vulcan came from behind us and did a vertical - The noise was superb.

Back
Top Bottom