Not the best of news for Amazon/Twitch

Associate
To be fair Twitch went Woke and they still let that woman with massive **** stream daily in her Hot tub licking her microphone ! really don't get it ! She should be banned I wouldn't want my kids watching her stuff that is published on the main page daily.

Only person I watch on there is Stroud the rest are boring.

Soldato
Probably just a good idea to do the usual things, activate 2 factor authentication,

Good luck with that. Coincidently I was trying to activate 2FA for Twitch yesterday, and the code they send to your phone when you initially activate 2FA kept erroring out. It was most definitely entered correctly but Twitch kept refusing it and saying it was wrong. This occurred constantly when using the 'resend code' option. I had to gave up in the end.

Soldato
To be fair Twitch went Woke and they still let that woman with massive **** stream daily in her Hot tub licking her microphone ! really don't get it ! She should be banned I wouldn't want my kids watching her stuff that is published on the main page daily.

They're only as woke as they need to pretend to be, they're as woke as their profits dictate like all businesses. If Amouranth and the rest of the titty streamers were net negative financially they'd be off the platform in two shakes of an ass.

Associate
Some crazy numbers on the leaked payouts (assuming they are accurate)... especially as these seemingly wouldn't include donations, merch sales or other sponsorships (source)

FBAGm8LVkAQ6rIc

Man of Honour
OP
Some crazy numbers on the leaked payouts (assuming they are accurate)... especially as these seemingly wouldn't include donations, merch sales or other sponsorships (source)

FBAGm8LVkAQ6rIc

Cohhcarnage made a video today about this and pointed out that despite how much he wishes it was true , he absolutely doesn't make $2 million every couple of years. He did say that he does make a fair bit of money but that its nowhere near the leaked amounts

Soldato

She was banned, and the use of the word "Woke" is completely wrong in this context.

Man of Honour
OP
There is a searchable site here: https://www.twitchearnings.com

No, he said he doesn't make $10 million a year, he didn't deny making $2 million in the past 2 years, which is what the leak states.

I'm still not sure I believe those figures though, I watch a fair bit of twitch and have done for half a decade but I've never even heard of the CriticalRole one which has supposedly made $10 million in the last two years. I guess I would have to actually see the proof, after all literally anyone could do a website and put figures on them. I've long since stopped believing everything I read on the internet, perhaps they will upload some evidence of some sort to back up the figures.

I mean, to be fair, if those twitch streamers are indeed earning that sort of money then good on them I say. I wish I could make that sort of dosh playing games :D

Also to be fair, Asmongold has said that the $2.6 million figure against his name is not "wildly inaccurate" so that does lend credence to the accuracy perhaps, at least in regards of his figure.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm still not sure I believe those figures though, I watch a fair bit of twitch and have done for half a decade but I've never even heard of the CriticalRole one which has supposedly made $10 million in the last two years. I guess I would have to actually see the proof, after all literally anyone could do a website and put figures on them. I've long since stopped believing everything I read on the internet, perhaps they will upload some evidence of some sort to back up the figures.

I mean, to be fair, if those twitch streamers are indeed earning that sort of money then good on them I say. I wish I could make that sort of dosh playing games :D

Also to be fair, Asmongold has said that the $2.6 million figure against his name is not "wildly inaccurate" so that does lend credence to the accuracy perhaps, at least in regards of his figure.

I'd be surprised if they are far off for some of the creators with bigger reach. A girl I used to hang out with in my teens has her own onlyfans, etc. following and is making in not much more than a few days what I make in a year :( she pays more in quarterly taxes than most people earn in a year...

Soldato
I'm still not sure I believe those figures though, I watch a fair bit of twitch and have done for half a decade but I've never even heard of the CriticalRole one which has supposedly made $10 million in the last two years. I guess I would have to actually see the proof, after all literally anyone could do a website and put figures on them.
CriticalRole is a company with 30+ staff, but because you've personally never heard of them, it probably isn't true? Most people have never heard of Larry Ellison, but he's one of the richest people on the planet. I don't know if the leaked numbers are real, but "I don't know who they are" isn't a good way to determine the truth.

Twitch has acknowledged the leak, there are several outlets that have the 125gb of data that have confirmed the figures are in the leak. Either the leaker included a fake data set in with the real data, or more likely... this data came from Twitch. The numbers are potentially gross, not taking into account Twitch's cut, about 10-20% for the larger streamers.

For the record, I also don't care that they make this much, it's well known that the top streamers and Youtubers make absolute bank, from monthly subs, ad revenue, donations, sponsorships etc.

Man of Honour
OP
CriticalRole is a company with 30+ staff, but because you've personally never heard of them, it probably isn't true? Most people have never heard of Larry Ellison, but he's one of the richest people on the planet. I don't know if the leaked numbers are real, but "I don't know who they are" isn't a good way to determine the truth.

Twitch has acknowledged the leak, there are several outlets that have the 125gb of data that have confirmed the figures are in the leak. Either the leaker included a fake data set in with the real data, or more likely... this data came from Twitch. The numbers are potentially gross, not taking into account Twitch's cut, about 10-20% for the larger streamers.

For the record, I also don't care that they make this much, it's well known that the top streamers and Youtubers make absolute bank, from monthly subs, ad revenue, donations, sponsorships etc.

I said I was not sure I believed the figures. You said you dont know if the figures are real. In essence we said the same thing but in different ways. I'm not going to argue with you about it because I have better things to do than to get into arguments with people online. Seems that we both arent sure the figures are real so I'll leave it on that note of agreement.

Man of Honour
OP
I'd be surprised if they are far off for some of the creators with bigger reach. A girl I used to hang out with in my teens has her own onlyfans, etc. following and is making in not much more than a few days what I make in a year :( she pays more in quarterly taxes than most people earn in a year...

Yeah onlyfans is an absolute beast of a money maker, my step sons girlfriend started an onlyfans in march of last year and has already banked 36k just from that. Goes to show that the old adage that sex sells still applies :)

Back
Top Bottom