• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core i9-12900K allegedly scores 30K points in Cinebench R23

Associate
How in the world does this get through testing and not get fixed by release? It can only be intentional surely?
Honestly this would be my thought. After all it is a product of MS and Intel working side by side but it is possible i am on the look out for black helicopters for no reason. I am sure it is not beyond Intel though given their proven track record

Soldato
<tinfoil hat mode>What's the betting MS patch it the day after the Alderlake reviews come out, most/all of which bench on W11...</tinfoil hat mode>

Man of Honour
How in the world does this get through testing and not get fixed by release? It can only be intentional surely?

There are quite serious security bugs which get through testing and not fixed let alone stuff like this - it makes me laugh when people bang on about moving to 10 or 11 for security reasons.

Caporegime
<tinfoil hat mode>What's the betting MS patch it the day after the Alderlake reviews come out, most/all of which bench on W11...</tinfoil hat mode>

Most reputable reviewers will twig the performance difference on Ryzen CPU's Win 10 and Win 11, AMD will also no doubt tell them about it. So at the very least they will make this perfectly clear in their reviews, or preferably not add Ryzen to the Win 11 slides at all and explain why.

As for me, i haven't installed it and i'm not going to until after all patches.

Edit: you would think that MS would work with all vendors to make sure everything works as it should, how did Intel get that exclusively?

Last edited:
Soldato
Most reputable reviewers will twig the performance difference on Ryzen CPU's Win 10 and Win 11, AMD will also no doubt tell them about it. So at the very least they will make this perfectly clear in their reviews, or preferably not add Ryzen to the Win 11 slides at all and explain why.

Edit: you would think that MS would work with all vendors to make sure everything works as it should, how did Intel get that exclusively?

So Amd will tell reviewers how and where to bench test their CPUs? Sounds like something nvidia did. Shoes now on other foot.

Permabanned
500 euros is quite a steep price, puts it in the same ballpark as the Ryzen 9 5900X itself.

This means that there is no price war, and this means the customers will be again milked.

Permabanned
Single core performance should not be important or relevant, at all. You have to stress on the quality and quantity of cores.
We live in a highly threaded world, where the single core performance is not important.

CPUs with 128 threads are sweet!

Soldato

Unfortunately there's far more disreputable reviewers than reputable ones...

I've also not installed it, I see no reason to install it and a few (very minor) reasons not to, so until there's a reason to (performance or feature) I'll be sticking to W10 like a luddite :p

Permabanned
Trolling or just plain dum?

You are trolling.

It's very hard to tell these days.

Single core performance is not important? If it's not important then we should keep the same performance per generation and just keep adding cores? Speed of the cores is very important..

Single core performance is NOT important. Intel thinks this too and this is the reason why it will launch the Arrow Lake with 32 small cores and 8 big cores.

Intel Core i9 "Raptor Lake-S" to feature 24 cores, full lineup leaked - VideoCardz.com

Back
Top Bottom