***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
I hate Lego, I’ve just added The ford raptor, the guitar and the pick-up truck. I’m still finding myself looking at more sets.

Damn.

The fender stratocaster looks amazing in person. All the photos and vid reviews don't do it justice.

It was nearly a very very expensive trip for me today but I managed to resist and stuck to the minifig tumbler, spider-man sanctum, vulture / drone and 4+ mysterio sets.

Even the Marvel Eternals sets look great up close.

As do the city stunt show sets.

Whenever I finish a stage of a build, there’s always a couple of small pieces left over. Find it annoying as I start to wonder if I’ve missed a bit when I haven’t.

I think its due to the weight. I just put them in a box will all the other leftover parts, might get a model out of them on day:cry:.

Spares do vary, I have found the star wars sets most generous. Occasionally even the odd full lightsabers worth or hand guns.

I had a 1x6 flat grey piece left after completing the 75257 millennium falcon which seemed a bit of a big piece to be a spare. Thus I spent a few more hours stripping it down and re assembling to find it was a legit spare.

Soldato
The fender stratocaster looks amazing in person. All the photos and vid reviews don't do it justice.

It was nearly a very very expensive trip for me today but I managed to resist and stuck to the minifig tumbler, spider-man sanctum, vulture / drone and 4+ mysterio sets

I’m always the same as well when I visit the shop. I end up just buying for the sake of it.

Having said that your post triggered this;

JJkIITd.jpeg

I’m holding off the others for now. I will get them eventually though.

Soldato
Marvel and Star Wars advent calendar availability is better this week but according to both my lego store, independent and Smyth's, it's the last lot arriving now.

Also some really great prices around on lego at the moment due to the amount being discontinued; especially some star wars and marvel with 20-30% off various sets at John Lewis, Smyths, Sainsburys (in store) Amazon etc

Bad Batch shuttle at £70 has persuaded my purchase.

The X-Wing at £35 and Tie Fighter at £25-£27 are worth stashing away at that price. Or buying several since you can make the Tie Interceptor and Tie Advanced (Darth Vader's) from the kit with no spares needed.

Also great prices on lego friends (doll house theme not tv series one) if you are in to that line or have family members collecting.

The Technic sets are also crazy discounted like the Defender which is only £109 at amazon.

@Raymond Lin, if the Lego Strat is true to Fender pricing strategies it will be £160 by Feb so don't sit on the fence to long.

Soldato
Marvel and Star Wars advent calendar availability is better this week but according to both my lego store, independent and Smyth's, it's the last lot arriving now.

Also some really great prices around on lego at the moment due to the amount being discontinued; especially some star wars and marvel with 20-30% off various sets at John Lewis, Smyths, Sainsburys (in store) Amazon etc

The X-Wing at £35 and Tie Fighter at £25-£27 are worth stashing away at that price. Or buying several since you can make the Tie Interceptor and Tie Advanced (Darth Vader's) from the kit with no spares needed.

Also great prices on lego friends (doll house theme not tv series one) if you are in to that line or have family members collecting.

The Technic sets are also crazy discounted like the Defender which is only £109 at amazon.

@Raymond Lin, if the Lego Strat is true to Fender pricing strategies it will be £160 by Feb so don't sit on the fence to long.
As much as I love shopping on amazon, searching for lego on there's is a right chore as there's so much. I know the lego website isn't the cheapest but you can at least filter properly.

Caporegime

I just can't get over that shape of the guitar and i wish it's White with a Mint guard like mine lol

Soldato
As much as I love shopping on amazon, searching for lego on there's is a right chore as there's so much. I know the lego website isn't the cheapest but you can at least filter properly.

I find it only works well in desktop mode, then finding the legos on amazon is properly intuitive, even spookily accurate to what I am looking for.

I just can't get over that shape of the guitar and i wish it's White with a Mint guard like mine lol

Have you seen it in person?

I think it looks much much better than photos and vids. Especially from a short distance away ie where it would be on a shelf since your eyes resolve it much better, like art really. Photos/vids provide too much zoom & detail.

I agree on the white but Black and Red are probably the defacto launch colours given Clapton et al. I suspect White will be a standalone coloured model, along with sunburst etc etc and HSS variants / artist signature variants.

The Amp is nigh on perfect too.

Caporegime
Have you seen it in person?

I think it looks much much better than photos and vids. Especially from a short distance away ie where it would be on a shelf since your eyes resolve it much better, like art really. Photos/vids provide too much zoom & detail.

I agree on the white but Black and Red are probably the defacto launch colours given Clapton et al. I suspect White will be a standalone coloured model, along with sunburst etc etc and HSS variants / artist signature variants.

The Amp is nigh on perfect too.

The Amp is spot on but there are too many things on the guitar that bugs me. It is cheap enough to get as an impulse by i guess, may be after the new year. I just spent £300 on Gundum kits and bits this week!

Caporegime
Feel I've fallen out of love with lego.
There are so so many new sets I am kind of overwhelmed and just actively avoid looking at them now.

Also I think some comes down to not really having any space left.

I can't stand the really crowded displays people have of them

Not even sure I'll be keeping the ucs falcon. Struggling to put it anywhere!

Soldato
The new Batman (Robert Pattinson) lego sets look good. Due 01 Jan.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/batmobile-the-penguin-chase-76181

Updated batcave and a minifig scaled batmobile plus motorbike set.

Technic batmobile which looks comparable to F&F Dom's Charger in bat guise in my view.

e9IibNR.jpg

6z1LwpT.jpg

yhN6ltF.jpg

m5JGawX.jpg

Re the titanic set. It's impressive but not for me. I'm just not a fan of the titanic memorabilia but given the ucs tumbler launches the same day I imagine there will be some great gift with purchades from 01 November, albeit prob £200+ min spends.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom