Install Plug in loft?

Caporegime
To start with I'll not be doing this myself.

But is it permitted to install a plug for a low power device (like a mini home server) into the 6A lighting ring?

I ask because obviously this is fairly accessible from a wiring perspective.

To clarify the device is 3A plug fused

Soldato
My house built 2003 came with a double socket spurred off on the lighting ring in the loft.

I think the fact it is fused at 6A at the consumer unit ensures the cables safety but more of a nuisance if you overloaded it and all the lights tripped and went off.

Caporegime
OP
My house built 2003 came with a double socket spurred off on the lighting ring in the loft.

I think the fact it is fused at 6A at the consumer unit ensures the cables safety but more of a nuisance if you overloaded it and all the lights tripped and went off.

Yeah my CU is almost brand new too. Fully RCA. Besides what I'll be plugging in is super low load. And nothing else will go in

Soldato
I spurred a 3amp double socket from the lighting radial in our loft to supply power for a TV aerial booster. It's also handy having an extra socket for an led work light if I'm up there doing things away from the loft hatch which has a switched light.

Back
Top Bottom