petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Caporegime
Went out to get bread and passed a much smaller than normal queue at the nearest Shell and then found only a couple of cars queuing at my local JS. No Unleaded but did have Diesel and Super so treated the Jag to Super. No spend limit so put £60 in (big tank in a Jag). On the way back the queue at the Shell was only around 15 cars whereas a few days ago it would have been more like 100. Maybe there's some light at the end of the tunnel.
Loads who filled up last week have realised the needle has hardly moved for all the mileage they do and now feel a little bit silly.

Soldato
Went out to get bread and passed a much smaller than normal queue at the nearest Shell and then found only a couple of cars queuing at my local JS. No Unleaded but did have Diesel and Super so treated the Jag to Super. No spend limit so put £60 in (big tank in a Jag). On the way back the queue at the Shell was only around 15 cars whereas a few days ago it would have been more like 100. Maybe there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

Two whole stations had fuel last night only a short queue at morrisons at the shell station I saw a tanker on the forecourt its been dry since the weekend drove past it on the way home an hour or two later and there was a queue a hundred yards long and they were still piling in down the road. This was at 10.30pm its usually quiet at that time of night so I can only assume some facebook group or something had announced it and to get down there quick

Soldato
Two whole stations had fuel last night only a short queue at morrisons at the shell station I saw a tanker on the forecourt its been dry since the weekend drove past it on the way home an hour or two later and there was a queue a hundred yards long and they were still piling in down the road. This was at 10.30pm its usually quiet at that time of night so I can only assume some facebook group or something had announced it and to get down there quick

Get the feeling this is what's happening. I'm a member of a couple of local groups, and see the same. Saw an argument on one post, with someone criticising people for constantly reporting which stations have fuel, which cause everyone to immediately rush and drain it dry. And in response, others claiming it was just "being helpful".

I didn't get involved, but I have to say it's bloody irritating being one of the people who is trying to wait for this situation to calm down - as far as I can see, that won't happen until forecourts can begin to replenish their stocks, which wont happen if they are emptied within hours of each new tanker delivery.

Soldato
EVs dont seem to be suffering anything like the delays and shortages of ICE/hybrid cars.

They do, its the proportions of volume are vastly different but also some are tweaking the build to make sure they sell enough to meet EU CO2 compliance; there's now the opportunity for some to avoid fines and that's essential with the limited revenue they are getting.

Soldato
Not needed to get fuel for a few weeks so didn't get caught up in the stupidity but will need to fill up soon. Went into Morrisons yesterday and there were two cars getting fuel so around here it seems to be ok..

Soldato
Was down to 20 miles remaining and at my local Sainsburys in Fareham last night. There were more cars than there used to be at that time but I still drove straight up to a pump and filled up so it seems ok round here too. Was also at Bursledon Tesco myself yesterday and although I didn’t need fuel it seemed fine there. So there’s hope for Southampton and Fareham at least :D

Soldato
https://www.ukpra.co.uk/en/bulletins/121 yesterday

The findings come from a survey of 25% of all independent petrol stations in Great Britain carried out this morning by the PRA.
London and Southeast: 13% dry, 16% one grade, 71% both grades
Rest of the country: 5% dry, 4% one grade, 91% both grades

they don't seem to say how much, above usual, volume is being shifted .. which might give an indication of queuing time

Soldato
I managed to finally fill up last night. Decided to make an exploratory trip at about half nine, to see if I could fill up before the weekend. The large Shell station near me was completely closed. I kept on to the big Tesco as I knew it had a large station I was pleasantly surprised - half the pumps were bagged, but there was no queue, and the pumps that were working were also supplying Momentum 99. No restrictions so filled up a full tank. Hopefully the tide is turning a little.

Soldato

Shell was empty the next day of anything but diesel and morrison totally out but there was tanker on Morrison's forecourt last night - wonder how long that will last. Everything else is empty sainsburys has been empty since last friday at least and the smaller stations havn't had a drop in over a week. I'm down to half a tank and I've got to the point where I'll have to join a queue, any queue if I can find one or risk running out by early next week (everything will be completely empty friday night as people fill up for the weekend)

Its getting ridiculous now.

Soldato
Was down to 20 miles remaining and at my local Sainsburys in Fareham last night. There were more cars than there used to be at that time but I still drove straight up to a pump and filled up so it seems ok round here too. Was also at Bursledon Tesco myself yesterday and although I didn’t need fuel it seemed fine there. So there’s hope for Southampton and Fareham at least :D

Chichester seems to be stocked okay if you’re ever super low :)

At least both Tesco and Sainsbury’s have fuel and no queue

Soldato
Filled up just now with V-Power Diesel at a local Shell. £1.569/litre though :p

Just over half the pumps seemed to be working at that station.

Soldato

Happy to hear this.
At one point, it was only Asda that had fuel, then it switched to Sainsburys. I think Shell has some fuel but not V power. Esso were still empty yesterday in Fareham.

Back
Top Bottom