Halo Infinite

Soldato
How did everyone like the BTB weekend then? Has made me even more excited for launch and a fair few of my mates are keen on it for a change from BR games

I'm so excited I can poop. Had the most fun I had in a MP game in a very very long time.
I had a lower lumbar fusion 3 weeks ago, so wasn't able to play as much as I wanted because I can't sit that long :D

First attempt at a spiderman snipe:

Trying to run away from my skewer:

Repulsor jumps remind me of rocket jumps from back in the Quake days:

Man of Honour
Can you imagine having Cross play turned off...but you are then playing against other Xbox players who are on pads?

I don't suppose the Console restricts players Per their controller input?

There is a setting in the menu for cross input device play, which I also have disabled.

Ranked mode has it forced to disabled.

Soldato
There is a setting in the menu for cross input device play, which I also have disabled.

Ranked mode has it forced to disabled.
This stage its may not matter anyway the game supports keyboard and mouse on consol so you could still face a player on consol using the same setup.

Now when consol games don't support keyboard and mouse at all then disabling cross play make sense, however not every pc player is good anyway some controller players will beat a keyboard and mouse user and vice versa.

I get the point that there is an advantage inherently on a pc set up though

Associate
Let's be fair players have been using XIM setups since H3. The game just needs the AA adjusting correctly. If they hadn't destroyed the community we'd not need cross play to hold up numbers.

I wonder how well the ranked will work. But i will just have it enabled anyway. The lack of teamwork in Halo has always been the number one issue.

Man of Honour
This stage its may not matter anyway the game supports keyboard and mouse on consol so you could still face a player on consol using the same setup.

Now when consol games don't support keyboard and mouse at all then disabling cross play make sense, however not every pc player is good anyway some controller players will beat a keyboard and mouse user and vice versa.

I get the point that there is an advantage inherently on a pc set up though
Blocking cross input means that I avoid mouse users even if they are playing on an Xbox.

I don’t mind cross play but cross input always gets immediately disabled in all games that I play.

Soldato
Is it worth buying a keyboard and mouse for this, can anyone recommend anything please?

I haven't played it yet I seem to keep missing the tests but it looks good so I'll try it with a controller first but would prefer K&M for online FPS. Do console K&M players get forced to play with PC players? I get why if so but that might force me to stay with a controller to avoid hackers

Man of Honour
Is it worth buying a keyboard and mouse for this, can anyone recommend anything please?

I haven't played it yet I seem to keep missing the tests but it looks good so I'll try it with a controller first but would prefer K&M for online FPS. Do console K&M players get forced to play with PC players? I get why if so but that might force me to stay with a controller to avoid hackers

Yes console KBM players get matched with PC players, ranked is based on input device not platform.

You can force playing with console players by disabling cross play at the OS level, but then you are stuck playing against other console KBM users so the player pool might be tiny.

Soldato
Yes console KBM players get matched with PC players, ranked is based on input device not platform.

You can force playing with console players by disabling cross play at the OS level, but then you are stuck playing against other console KBM users so the player pool might be tiny.

Gotcha thanks Kreeee makes sense. I'll try and get better with controller first I would prefer to ensure I'm not playing with hackers.

When is he next opportunity to play this?

Soldato
I've got friends who I played with who were on PC during the flight on M&K, now they aren't top ranked players but certainly didn't do any better than I did - Halo has always felt to me a controller based game but I am interested to try it with M&K, particularly for big team battle where there is more shooting at range. I play controller on MW2019 but K&M on Warzone for this reason

Man of Honour
:p
I've got friends who I played with who were on PC during the flight on M&K, now they aren't top ranked players but certainly didn't do any better than I did - Halo has always felt to me a controller based game but I am interested to try it with M&K, particularly for big team battle where there is more shooting at range. I play controller on MW2019 but K&M on Warzone for this reason

Bad mouse players will be even with good pad players. That anecdotal argument has always been a weird one as you are not accounting for the different skill levels.

With two equally skilled players the mouse user will absolutely trash the pad user. I know this as I used to swap between the two on a bunch of FPS games with the same opponents, and despite being an average mouse user I was wrecking all the pad players who were even with me on a pad.

That’s why the first thing anyone I play with immediately disable all cross input options :p

Last edited:
Soldato
:p

Bad mouse players will be even with good pad players. That anecdotal argument has always been a weird one as you are not accounting for the different skill levels.

With two equally skilled players the mouse user will absolutely trash the pad user. I know this as I used to swap between the two on a bunch of FPS games with the same opponents, and despite being an average mouse user I was wrecking all the pad players who were even with me on a pad.

That’s why the first thing anyone I play with immediately disable all cross input options :p

Yeah true - ultimately I find games more fun with friends and loving the increased options for cross play these last few years. If I want to get "serious" on ranked then maybe I will lock it down

Man of Honour
Yeah true - ultimately I find games more fun with friends and loving the increased options for cross play these last few years. If I want to get "serious" on ranked then maybe I will lock it down

Luckily all of my friends play with a pad so I don’t need to worry about making things fair.

With casual play it’s still really frustrating to keep getting wrecked at long range because someone is using a mouse, so it’s nothing to do with being serious or not. It’s fun if you’re the mouse user looking for easy kills though, but they really should highlight in video clips that the opponents don’t stand a chance as pad users :D

Associate
When i played MCC on PC i could never tell who was good at aiming and who wasn't. Good players when with a team always shut down lines so popping your head out was suicide anyway. Positioning was always number one the winner for me.

But as time went on i just didn't care. Playing BTB objective ended up the most fun for me. Flipping warthogs in lifts never gets tiresome. It's amazing how long it's been, but many seems to have not realised still lifting to middle at game start on Valhalla ends up getting sniped :D

Man of Honour
I won’t be watching that as I’ll be playing the campaign regardless. All I want to know is when they are adding the coop and Ray Tracing updates to the campaign.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom