*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
its not bad needs polish. as usual vehicles are op as **** . all the top people just vehicle whoring as usual. hoping they tweak this. 95 percent of the player base is infantry. a better balance would make for a better game over all.

Go play an infantry only game then if you don't like vehicles. Really amazes me that someone considers a 60 tonne tank to be "op" vs infantry, i mean who'd have thought it?

Soldato
Not even ONCE have I been able to open the map yet in game - anyone else?

Also, when a gunner or passenger in a vehicle does it feel to anyone else like the tank/car is just 'jittering' around everywhere? It's horrible and almost impossible to aim with how it moves around.

Caporegime
Not even ONCE have I been able to open the map yet in game - anyone else?

Also, when a gunner or passenger in a vehicle does it feel to anyone else like the tank/car is just 'jittering' around everywhere? It's horrible and almost impossible to aim with how it moves around.

The map ingame doesn't open yet, it's only a mini map in the current build.

Soldato
Samsung 840 EVOs I've had since early 2014, 250GB died first and the 500GB is the one I've been using in its place that I thought had died but seems to be working again now - very bizarre one tbh... will probably order a replacement anyway and try BF again this evening :) Given I work for WD though I should really get a new mobo and embrace the NVME side :D

Vehicles will be OP until people get used to dealing with them to some extent. Enjoying playing an AA infantry dude but a fully loaded Heli is no joke for sure and wish there was a better way of resupplying ammo for the AA launcher :)
controllers do fail. my old vertex from 2011 died from that.

Soldato
This is up there with one of the worst shooters I have played in recent years. I understand that it's a beta, but the main game will not be far off this. So disappointed :(

Man of Honour
Hows the beta? any good? whats peoples first impressions?

Impressions are as follows :

Person 1 - Its good, I'm enjoying it, looking forward to release, liking it more than BF1/V
Person 2 - Its terrible, literally the worst game in computing history
Person 3 - Its pretty good, got a few issues but the beta build is 3 months old so hopefully those will be addressed by release
Person 4 - Its basically a copy/paste of Warzone
Person 5 - Theres no scoreboard, how can I show off to people how awesome my k/d is
Person 6 - Is this the new Valheim expansion?

Man of Honour
This is up there with one of the worst shooters I have played in recent years. I understand that it's a beta, but the main game will not be far off this. So disappointed :(

Contrarily, I'm finding that I am enjoying it far more than I enjoyed the BF1 or BFV beta's , which I guess makes it one of the better Battlefield games I have played in recent years ;)

Associate
Impressions are as follows :

Person 1 - Its good, I'm enjoying it, looking forward to release, liking it more than BF1/V
Person 2 - Its terrible, literally the worst game in computing history
Person 3 - Its pretty good, got a few issues but the beta build is 3 months old so hopefully those will be addressed by release
Person 4 - Its basically a copy/paste of Warzone
Person 5 - Theres no scoreboard, how can I show off to people how awesome my k/d is
Person 6 - Is this the new Valheim expansion?

person 4 sounds like a simpleton played 5 rounds last night and said bugger this and then enjoyed some warzone

Man of Honour
person 4 sounds like a simpleton played 5 rounds last night and said bugger this and then enjoyed some warzone

Yeah its one of the more "wtf??" statements about the game but I've already seen several people making the claim. Probably employees of Call of Duty who are just trying to poo-poo BF :) Either that or those people that we have all encountered before who just like to moan about everything for the sake of moaning about something

Man of Honour
Seems to be a very marmite game currently.

Yup, thats how I've labelled it. Some love it, some hate it. Which of course doesnt really help people much when it comes to trying to gather opinions on it. Most of the big FPS streamers like it but of course the counter to that from the people who dont like it is that they are all shills, so that doesnt help people much either. I'd say try the open beta, keep in mind that its a 3 month old build, see if you like the general game itself and can overlook the issues as things that will be fixed, before making a purchasing decision. Or wait a couple of months post release and see what the general thoughts are (though that does make things a bit more tough as you are then going in to fight people who have learned the maps etc by then)

Man of Honour
I always wanted them to dispense with K/D in the hope that people will play it as a team game.

Me too, its why I was ecstatic to see that there was no general scoreboard in this, its SO good to not see one of those. Personally I wouldnt be surprised if there are some people who are so against the game purely because they cant show off their K/D

Back
Top Bottom