Newcastle takeover???

Soldato
Great news imho

Hopefully this means they can buy their way to victory like the other four have done for the past decade. The more teams with a chance of winning the league the better!

Even better than that though, no more sports direct branding at the ground

Caporegime
The PL's FFP works in 3 year cycles. Based on previous profits and the allowable loss, Newcastle can afford to lose £190m in this years accounts and still meet FFP. If Newcastle did lose £190m this year (for arguments sake), they would then need to make a circa £70m profit next season to meet FFP then. If Newcastle qualified for Europe, they'd have to make a £140m profit next season to meet UEFA's FFP as they only allow losses of around £30m as opposed to the PL's £100m odd.

Just look at what a great job we've done pushing to the limit the last 4 or so seasons.

I think Newcastle should get Steve Walsh in as DoF.

Soldato
OP
You can't really be sarcastic with me when I was right all along :p And yes, this is me patting myself on the back.
Hah thought you might get that wee dig :p

Done deal all that matters now. Was never in doubt.
Still a bit shocked at the 1 billion payoff. Just goes to show who's runing world football.

Don
This is funny but also so sad at the same time. I'm sure, deep down, that even the most hardened Newcastle supporter with any knowledge of Saudi and MBS is uncomfortable with the takeover but we're going to see so many instances of this - a brutal (evil even) dictator being celebrated because a few kids think they're going to sign Divock Origi in January.

Man of Honour
This is funny but also so sad at the same time. I'm sure, deep down, that even the most hardened Newcastle supporter with any knowledge of Saudi and MBS is uncomfortable with the takeover but we're going to see so many instances of this - a brutal (evil even) dictator being celebrated because a few kids think they're going to sign Divock Origi in January.

Looking at some of them, I doubt humanitarian issues will resonate at any level.

Don
Looking at some of them, I doubt humanitarian issues will resonate at any level.
It would have been the same at any club. Some people won't have a clue and some just won't care. It's difficult to blame the ones that don't care either - why should they care when the Premier League don't. The fact that Saudi butcher journos and crucify countless people each year, just because they oppose the state, didn't cause the PL any problems. The only thing that stopped the takeover was money.

Man of Honour
It would have been the same at any club. Some people won't have a clue and some just won't care. It's difficult to blame the ones that don't care either - why should they care when the Premier League don't. The fact that Saudi butcher journos and crucify countless people each year, just because they oppose the state, didn't cause the PL any problems. The only thing that stopped the takeover was money.

Oh, definitely. Let's not forget the UK Govt roll out the red carpet for the Saudi's too. Setting a good example.

Back
Top Bottom