Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
One of my mates started off with a 0.2k/d on PS4 with controller. We talked him into using a gaming keypad and mouse which seems to suit him better as his K/D has improved over the months to around 0.7 now.

Soldato

I've seen enough aimbots on kill cam to know that's not an aim bot.

Zlaner is a controller player and you can see he's very good with aim assist manipulation. When he's aiming he tends to move the crosshairs to the right of the target and swings them back over the target so they stick with the aim assist. You can almost lock on temporarily and reliably for a few bullets when you do this. Good controller snipers do the same, I saw a good video on the technique on YouTube. Aim to one side and swing towards the target, pull the trigger as soon as the aim assist grabs. I've got that working to some extent.

It's a skill I'm working on because when I attempt to aim down sight directly at the target I miss with the crosshairs and tend to over correct the wrong way in a panic.

Soldato

Zlaner is a controller player and you can see he's very good with aim assist manipulation. When he's aiming he tends to move the crosshairs to the right of the target and swings them back over the target so they stick with the aim assist. You can almost lock on temporarily and reliably for a few bullets when you do this. Good controller snipers do the same, I saw a good video on the technique on YouTube. Aim to one side and swing towards the target, pull the trigger as soon as the aim assist grabs. I've got that working to some extent.

It's a skill I'm working on because when I attempt to aim down sight directly at the target I miss with the crosshairs and tend to over correct the wrong way in a panic.

As an MKB user that vid looks to me like an aim assist video :p I mean I could be wrong but yeah that guy calling it case closed seems a bit off when maybe one clip could be called suspicious.

Soldato
As an MKB user that vid looks to me like an aim assist video :p I mean I could be wrong but yeah that guy calling it case closed seems a bit off when maybe one clip could be called suspicious.

It's almost as if controversey and drama are being used to drive viewers to his YouTube channel.....

Seriously though Neil, do you use Mouse and Keyboard? Please investigate aim assist in COD. It'll save you the blood pressure spikes

For example, go to 5:06 in the video you posted. Aim assist lock, then tracking failure (miss, miss, miss to the left of the player) then back to being on target.

The comments on the video are telling. Apparently using a foot pedal for discord/push to talk proves he's hacking. The internet is full of idiots :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate

maybe we should have some mouse aim assist ;)

Soldato
Or better yet, remove aim assist all together for everyone

As someone who plays both depending on my mood M&K has such an advantage its unfunny. Recoil control is loads easier out to mid range with a mouse.

Only thing that feels a bit easier on a controller is sniping if you drag your aim across the head.

Cross play needs turning off tbf.

Associate
Is the armory menu broken for anyone else? When I try to go into it I get booted to the main screen again. Happens in both MP and WZ.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom