Far Cry 6

Caporegime
This is an intentional nod to previous games.

There are quite a few changes in this game actually.

Finally urban environments, third person camera in towns, third person cutscenes, fully speaking protagonist (compared to 5 and new dawn)..

But it is still a Far Cry game of course.

Empty urban environments where you can't really go in any buildings though.

The things you mentioned are mostly minor tweaks. I'm talking about the actual gameplay. It's so samey.

Associate
Is anyone else getting regular crashes? Every 10 - 15 minutes the game freezes and crashes to desktop.

I've also been noticing the framerate occasionally drops by around 20. It also feels like cut scenes (which are locked to 30 fps) stutter occasionally. Even with gsync it is noticable and annoying.

5900X
3080 Founders edition
Latest NVIDIA drivers

Soldato
Hehehehehe, kind of spoilers... Mostly just cool

After you break free of the blockade on the first island, Clara gives you a boat and asks if you want to help fight then the quest marker updates to go speak with her. I got in the boat, headed for the sun set and got treated to a little cutscene then the credits :D Didn't know that would happen so it was a nice addition.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Is anyone else getting regular crashes? Every 10 - 15 minutes the game freezes and crashes to desktop.

I've also been noticing the framerate occasionally drops by around 20. It also feels like cut scenes (which are locked to 30 fps) stutter occasionally. Even with gsync it is noticable and annoying.

5900X
3080 Founders edition
Latest NVIDIA drivers

Lack of VRAM mate... *runs*

Soldato

5900X
3080 Founders edition
Latest NVIDIA drivers

No problem here, with the same card and cpu. Played 2 hours without a single crash, although that Vram (Using HD Textures) message keeps popping up now and again.

Soldato
Is it me or do the puddles & ground water just look totally awful?

Like plastic, there are puddles at 20 degree angles on hills, it just looks stupid. Also curved puddles? WTF?

Last edited:
Soldato

Like plastic, there are puddles at 20 degree angles on hills, it just looks stupid. Also curved puddles? WTF?

Thats due to it being set in the southern hemisphere dont you know. Bit like the water goes down the plughole the other way round to us, we have square odd shape puddles up here theres are curved down there.

Soldato
just played a hour or two of FC6..what is everyone getting FPS wise? I ask because, well, its me!! :cry::cry:

but really, im running "1440p", "High detail", Perf mode on "balanced" and only averaging around 120fps :( (My lows are 105-144) (V-Sync on).

Associate
TAA in this game is one of the worst I've seen in terms of blurriness, engine also heavily single core reliant and basically wont go above 120~ fps just like the other latest Far Cry games.
Desperately in need of a new engine I think, hopefully we'll have one in the next FC when old consoles support is dropped.

To get around the blur I use SMAA and 1.2 on the resolution scale.

Soldato
TAA in this game is one of the worst I've seen in terms of blurriness, engine also heavily single core reliant and basically wont go above 120~ fps just like the other latest Far Cry games.
Desperately in need of a new engine I think, hopefully we'll have one in the next FC when old consoles support is dropped.

To get around the blur I use SMAA and 1.2 on the resolution scale.

glad I’m not the only one. And thanks for the setting, will try them tomorrow.

Soldato

Nah, it's based on Cuba, definitely Northern Hemisphere. I've certainly never seen puddles that are concave or convex here but i'll keep my eye out for one.

On a more serious note, it's a shame as it makes the game look a bit naff in places, the puddles & ground water seem way overused & just totally unrealistic.

Soldato
Graphically pretty nice, I am only a short way in but gameply, hope it improves, still it gets me away from that frustration that is Deadloop? :D
Weapons/guns seem pretty meh and a crocodile as an ally, really?

Back
Top Bottom