Water teeth flosser - Anyone use one?

Consigliere
I went to the dentist today for a good old clean and I really want to start looking after my teeth more. I have never flossed and fortunately, my teeth are in good condition BUT I want to look after them better.

I am not a fan of the 'traditional' floss method and came across the water ones...what do you all reckon?

Waterpik appears to be the market leader actually...anyone have one?

Man of Honour
Yup, rate them, leaves teeth shiny smooth.

No idea if they actually do anything of real value, but I like mine.

Soldato
Will water flossing do the flossing between teeth that I can’t get dental floss or tape between teeth? I have many teeth that have no gaps between them.

This is good someways but now got fillings in these teeth. Makes the job by dentists a little more difficult and uncomfortable for me.

Soldato
Ah ha! Which one do you have?
They all seem to be the same, although I've never spent that much on them, £30-40.

Will water flossing do the flossing between teeth that I can’t get dental floss or tape between teeth? I have many teeth that have no gaps between them.
For actual floss, I recommend Oral-b essential floss, it's thin so will get between your teeth, unlike some of the others which use a material more suitable to tying a boat to the docks.

Water picks aren't a replacement for flossing, but they will do most of the work, and some of it better than flossing.

Found them quite painful! They shoot a really fine, hard jet of water...felt sharp!
They have lower settings you can use, but it's also possible your gums are inflamed?

Man of Honour
Ah ha! Which one do you have?
Waterpik with all the bits. They are cheap bits of kit really. I tend to use water with mouth wash mixed into it. I find it gets my lower gums cleaned nicely and doesn't cause anywhere near the trouble I got with floss. I do also use the think brush things too in combination.

Soldato
Used one for years now as I have a horizontally impacted wisdom tooth so have quite a large gap for food to get stuck in. Does well getting crap out of there.

As above I put a bit of mouthwash in there a couple times a week to help clean. Can't even remember what mine is called would only have been cheap when I bought it. It's the type that is rechargeable with the water tank built in.

Not one of the huge ones with base station and all the rest.

Associate
I have a waterpik, awesome bit of kit, I like using it s lot more than normal flossing. Mine's the WP-660, so it takes up a bit of room.

I just ordered the wp-660 of the rainforest. A quick google about water flossing gave good results and this one was the most recommended one. Not the cheapest but has had great reviews, need to start looking after my teeth more as I get older.

Soldato
I just ordered the wp-660 of the rainforest. A quick google about water flossing gave good results and this one was the most recommended one. Not the cheapest but has had great reviews, need to start looking after my teeth more as I get older.
Quick tip, don't fill it with ice cold water... :p

dod

dod

Soldato
Got a philips sonicare on the recommendation of dentist, doesn't take up much space, good battery, reservoir is a little bit small. Works pretty well

Back
Top Bottom