Alan Wake Remastered

Soldato
OP
Did you not get the email from them?

"Afternoon,

We are getting in touch to regretfully inform you of a delay on your order, our stock has been held at customs and is due to be released tomorrow, it is now due to arrive with us later this week.

We understand the launch of this new release is tomorrow and that you will have been expecting to receive your order on Tuesday at the latest, please accept our sincere apologies on this matter, we understand our service levels have fallen short on this occasion.

If you can please let us know if you would like to keep your order with us active and we will do our best to get this out to you as soon as the stock hits our warehouse, however, if you would like to cancel the order for a refund please let us know and we will gladly assist you with this.

Once again, please accept our apologies on this occasion, hopefully we can fix this for you ASAP.

We always appreciated your continued support and custom.

Thanks"

No i didnt receive that. Just checked my email and junk... Thanks for the info, just received Farcry 6 so will be playing that for a bit now.

Soldato
No i didnt receive that. Just checked my email and junk... Thanks for the info, just received Farcry 6 so will be playing that for a bit now.
I got the same and thought the same. Got another email, their stock is arriving tomorrow in the A.M. So we may get it this week if we're lucky.

Soldato
I really want to enjoy this game as a Remedy fan but I am struggling with the torch / gun mechanic. Feels very stale when compared to previous games. However, finished episode 2 yesterday and will push through as the story and characters are mostly interesting albeit somewhat annoying :)

Soldato
I loved the story of Alan Wake. It kicked off my love for the Remedyverse. The gameplay (IMO) has aged badly. I don't actually think it was great at the time (I tried to play through it numerous times since release). I can see what they were going for and it was a great idea, just poorly executed. I don't think Remedy really got combat right until Control (ignoring Max Payne).

Soldato
Yes. I played the game last on the 360 at release and it was a great story. Gameplay got a bit repetitive at the end as I recall but the story was great, as was it's expansion with that Barry guy.

I recently downloaded it to play again on the PS5...it hasn't gone well. Panning around feels rough and the torch/gun mechanic was great at the time but doesn't go down well today. I'd encourage everyone playing it for the first time to stick with it though!

I got an email earlier from PSN as Alan Wake Remastered is one of July's PSN+ games!

Last edited:
Soldato
I enjoyed it when I played it on PC years ago but never got round to finishing it because I got distracted by other games.

Will try the Remastered to see how it holds up.
I think it might be worth playing for the atmosphere and story as the inspirations are clear.

And yeah, Max Payne and Control are peak Remedy combat-wise. Not only that, tbh, as both were pretty damn good, I just wish Control did more with the Oldest House, the setting had so much potential that wasn't fully realised IMO. Hopefully, they'll go all out for the sequel.

Back
Top Bottom