need subwoofer ?

Associate
hi guys originally i had the trusted wharfedale dx2 5.1 speaker setup with 2 dali alteco c1 as front height dolby atmos all connected to a denon avrx2400 receiver, now acouple of months back my wharfedale subwoofer just stopped working and after numerous attempts to fix it decided to just chuck it away, so for the last few months i have been just using the 5 wharfedale speakers and 2 dali's with a sub,
so in need desperately for a good value sub to run with the equipment i already have,
have been told the popular and go to sub is the P12-300SB-PR or anything from the BK range,
but just asking are their anything value under £500 price range.

Man of Honour
I don't think you can go wrong with a BK subwoofer. I started with a Gemini II and recently upgraded to an XXLS 400.

Just bear in mind that if you buy new directly from them, it'll take around 3-4 weeks and their communication is a bit flakey. Or at least that was my experience.

This was my thread asking a similar question to yours.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/subwoofer-advice.18924759/

Man of Honour
BK or SVS.

The SVS SB-1000 Pro is £550 and surprisingly small; a 1ft cube. Thats useful to know if domestic harmony has to be maintained.

It can be had for under £500 if you haggle.

Soldato
I'm currently running an SVS PB-1000 (older model) with a pair of Wharfdale EVO 4.2 speakers and a Denon X2700h receiver. Works very well, much better performance than I expected for the money.

Back
Top Bottom