**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Associate
I bought my original Buds Pro from the MM. Everything Ok for a few months then the allergy kicked in. A few emails/phone calls with Samsung support & they collected them & gave me a FULL RRP refund.

Do you remember how long it took them to test them then get in contact with you for the offer? and how much did they offer you? when i contacted them i also mentioned i was not happy about wasting my money on a spigen protective case for the buds and also having to buy memory foam tips to see if it was the tips. and asked would i be reimbursed for those as now they are now not going to be used and it means i would have wasted the money.

Soldato
Do you remember how long it took them to test them then get in contact with you for the offer? and how much did they offer you? when i contacted them i also mentioned i was not happy about wasting my money on a spigen protective case for the buds and also having to buy memory foam tips to see if it was the tips. and asked would i be reimbursed for those as now they are now not going to be used and it means i would have wasted the money.

They contacted me within 24 hours of collection to tell me there was nothing wrong with them...
I then had a phone call to offer me a refund. When i explained I'd bought them cash with no receipt they offered full RRP.
A few emails later (bank details etc) refund was setup & in my bank a week or so later.

Associate
They contacted me within 24 hours of collection to tell me there was nothing wrong with them...
I then had a phone call to offer me a refund. When i explained I'd bought them cash with no receipt they offered full RRP.
A few emails later (bank details etc) refund was setup & in my bank a week or so later.

Thank you for that, i have just received an email of them confirming that according to them, there was nothing wrong with the buds and they are offering me a refund. i had to send them proof of the promotion. i also sent them 2 invoices for the Spigen case i bought and also memory foam tips i bought, (which are now useless) they are also going to refund me for those items also.
was just on the phone with them confirming the invoices were ok. they are now preparing to send out an acceptance offer email, which i then have to sign and send back.

All in all I'm happy with what Samsung has done so far. just hope the money they send to my bank will be enough to buy another pair of earbuds(from a different company).

Soldato
I understood that Sammy, like all the others, will accept your order, but then tell you it's on back order and you'll be advised when it's in.
Looking at S21 Ultra 256GB version.

Associate
Anyone recommend some cases and/or screen protectors for the S21 Ultra? Should be getting it next week, so want a case beforehand. I did get the Spigen Liquid Air, but I'm thinking I want something to protect the screen as well - maybe a wallet case of some-sort?

Soldato
I've got the Spigen rugged armour case. Does the job well and isn't too bulky. Very pleased with it, and the small band of carbon fibre effect on the rear matches that around the phones camera housing. I've got the Phantom Brown S21 Ultra. :cool:

The phone does come with a factory installed screen protector, so you don't have to worry for the first few months of use.

Associate
I understood that Sammy, like all the others, will accept your order, but then tell you it's on back order and you'll be advised when it's in.
Looking at S21 Ultra 256GB version.

I ordered a 256gb Phantom Black S21 Ultra direct from Samsung on 20th September, it said 14 days until it was back in stock. Earliest delivery date available was 6th Oct. So I took the plunge and ordered it. Following day got a dispatch notification from Samsung, ended up being delivered via dpd on 22nd September. So you could get lucky. I took up the 10% offer and ordered a Galaxy Watch 4 classic 4g at the same time and picked up a 10% code from ebay for £4.99. Along with an inflated trade in on my Pixel 4xl I saved £382. Well pleased :) (I also got the £75 play voucher offer from the watch and galaxy buds/tag from the phone).

Associate
From what I remember I initially raised the issue through the Samsung members app

go to the Samsung members app. do the chat. they get someone to ring you and its next day aroudn 8am for me. dollected the day after. very very quick no idea how long the testing takes.

Thanks.
The chat seemed broken for me, but they followed up and after exchanging a couple of emails and repeating myself, the latest message says they would like to inspect them.

Soldato
Thanks.
The chat seemed broken for me, but they followed up and after exchanging a couple of emails and repeating myself, the latest message says they would like to inspect them.

They'll collect them , then 24 hours later you'll get an email saying they are working...

Samsung seem to be ok but their testing company doesn't seem to have heard about the issue

Soldato
I ordered a 256gb Phantom Black S21 Ultra direct from Samsung on 20th September, it said 14 days until it was back in stock. Earliest delivery date available was 6th Oct. So I took the plunge and ordered it. Following day got a dispatch notification from Samsung, ended up being delivered via dpd on 22nd September. So you could get lucky.
Ordered from carrier website on 27th, with advisory that it would be 21 days.
Sammy said they were completely out of stock anyway, but were also more expensive even before I applied my carrier discounts.

Associate
Yeah, I've just had a phone call from them to say they'll send DPD to collect them sometime next week

Well, tbh i hear a lot of people having a go about Samsung customer support, but the ear issue i had with the buds pro. all i can say is i am very happy with the final outcome.
They have paid the rrp of the buds pro(the rrp they sell on their site) the Spigen case i bought and the memory foam tips.
once they have been inspected. which takes 24-48 hours. you will get an email. and a phone call from Samsung.
Saying that they have tested them and found nothing wrong with them, but as a gesture of goodwill, they will pay the rrp for them.
They will then ask you to provide proof of purchase. if like me you had them free you just have to provide screenshots/email of Samsung for the promo. i sent a screenshot of the confirmation of the shipment. for the promo. clearly showing the claim number. and ofc the invoice for the case and ear tips i bought from the rain forest.
Once you have done that, they then send another email with the offer. this is a pdf file you have to sign and date. once you have done that. they then again email you and phone you to tell you how to use the phone number to enter your bank details.
When i sent mine of for inspection i made sure they were fully charged, made sure they were nice and clean. sent no tips or charging cable.
Like me, if you bought a case for them. make sure you tell them and if you bought memory foam tips.

Back
Top Bottom