petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Man of Honour
Just over half the pumps seemed to be working at that station.

Dunno if it is a more general thing but one of my colleagues was talking to the girl in the fuel station near where I work and they had a lot of pumps out of action due to damage people had done in their craziness to get fuel and nothing they could do about it as the police just don't have the resources and they got too much abuse trying to enforce anything.

They even stopped limiting the amount because staff were being threatened.

Soldato
Happy to hear this.
At one point, it was only Asda that had fuel, then it switched to Sainsburys. I think Shell has some fuel but not V power. Esso were still empty yesterday in Fareham.

Yeah it's been a total mess. The Texaco off Highlands Road seems to be fine whenever I've driven past it too so that's another positive.

Transmission breaker
Don
I need 99 Ron on all my cars and that's the one that seems to be running out everywhere

I just use additives when I get home, or carry them in the car, as my Mrs car is 98ron minimum.
I have them portioned out into +1Ron +2Ron and +3Ron against full tank volumes to cover all eventualities. (half-fills and or 95/97 Ron, etc)

Soldato
I just use additives when I get home, or carry them in the car, as my Mrs car is 98ron minimum.
I have them portioned out into +1Ron +2Ron and +3Ron against full tank volumes to cover all eventualities. (half-fills and or 95/97 Ron, etc)
Can't run e10 either.. :/ crown still has half a tank Which will last a while but s2000 has a few litres left.. enough to get to the station and fill up

Associate
The shell near me seems to have been empty for days. There has been no queues as I deliver along that road so would have been caught up on them. All 4 petrol stations near work where empty Tuesday afternoon when I went to fill up the works vans.

Transmission breaker
Don
Anything fuel injected from Honda is fine on E10, they say so themselves.
I have run vehicles from 70's, 80's, 90's all on E10 with no running issues, on carbs.
Only issue is leaving them sat for a while without using a stabiliser. With that, they all run fine!
Perhaps you have an issue with the (Toyota?) Crown that is only showing when running on lower Ron?

Soldato
I need 99 Ron on all my cars and that's the one that seems to be running out everywhere

Yeah the '97 / E5 seems to disappear first for some reason. Finally filled up tonight at Morrisons (huzzah!) on E10 thats all they had - I did check the manufacturers website and E10 is fine... E5 was all out

Shell had yet another tanker on their forecourt tonight and a lone taxi parked up patiently waiting thats at least two this week both by some company called Flexigrid? Maybe thats the army driven ones? Havn't heard of them before. Sainsburys also finally had a tanker their own branded one they must fill up every thursday evening as last friday was the last time they had any fuel + long queues...

Maybe the situation is finally turning around.

Associate
Watford still has lots of shortages - two stations nearest me have been empty for days. The problem now is that there is probably petrol around the local area, but I don't have enough in the car to go searching for it.

Jerry can strapped to the back of a bike is where I'm heading.

Man of Honour
Couple of stations in Uttoxeter were empty last evening but managed to get a tank full of Tesco 99. Not my preferred choice, but better than 95 RON for me.

Don
Couple of stations in Uttoxeter were empty last evening but managed to get a tank full of Tesco 99. Not my preferred choice, but better than 95 RON for me.
Yeah, normal stuff has been mostly fine here through it all.

It’s now a struggle to get 98/99 RON though, I ended up putting in E10 the other day and a friend was saying yesterday he had to hunt high and low for Vpower and ended up putting BPs stuff in as an alternative once he found somewhere.

Soldato
Most places round my way, NW London, have no petrol just diesel.

I managed to fill up my car at my local Morrisons at the start of the week, no limit but my wifes and sons car now need filling up.

Hindsight is wonderful, a few days before this all kicked off my wife mentioned that she had heard rumours of a fuel shortage and asked me to go out and fill both our cars up, my reply was don't be so ridiculous and even if there is a shortage it will all be over before it begins :D

Soldato

I managed to fill up my car at my local Morrisons at the start of the week, no limit but my wifes and sons car now need filling up.

Hindsight is wonderful, a few days before this all kicked off my wife mentioned that she had heard rumours of a fuel shortage and asked me to go out and fill both our cars up, my reply was don't be so ridiculous and even if there is a shortage it will all be over before it begins :D

If you’re going to panic buy, always makes sense to do it before everyone else does ;)

Soldato
Dunno if it is a more general thing but one of my colleagues was talking to the girl in the fuel station near where I work and they had a lot of pumps out of action due to damage people had done in their craziness to get fuel and nothing they could do about it as the police just don't have the resources and they got too much abuse trying to enforce anything.

They even stopped limiting the amount because staff were being threatened.
I honestly can't get my head round what is happening with people these days. Half the population seem to be on the brink of a rage fuelled melt down.

Maybe it has always been the same and I'm getting too old to just turn a blind eye to it these days :(

Commissario
Watford still has lots of shortages - two stations nearest me have been empty for days. The problem now is that there is probably petrol around the local area, but I don't have enough in the car to go searching for it.

Jerry can strapped to the back of a bike is where I'm heading.
Head further out to Hemel, lots there.

Soldato

My mate had a whole conference call with BP etc in regards to this announcement... On Wednesday. He forgot to tell our group only :D told everyone else and those filled up who needed fuel.

Back
Top Bottom