New World MMO

Associate
I've said a few times to people, it definitely reminds me of Runescape in that regards, I spent too much time chopping trees, fishing and mining back in the day and now all these years on I am repeating it in 3D world. If the game had questing like Runescape it'd be much better.

Used to do this in Ultima Online. Spent ages chopping trees to get the str stat to go up, only for it to decrease 10 mins later after you stopped lol

Soldato
Hi all, so I'm just starting out in New World. I'm level 9 and I don't have a Main Line quest? What might I have done wrong? I'm not really sure where I should be going... :confused:

**EDIT** My location appears to be Everfall Settlement

**EDIT2** Ignore me, the lady has one for me now... I was sure I'd checked...

Last edited:
Soldato
I really think the gameworld is too small for mounts (the overall map size is pretty small by MMO standards) and it would be detrimental to include mounts but I do think that some sort of short length sprint is a good idea, maybe as a skill - like a 30 second sprint on a cooldown or something - or by having a stamina related sprint ability.

I think because of habit I keep hitting the shift key to run, but my character only jumps forward lol

Soldato
New Steam update broke the game, getting an anti-cheat warning that "steamclient64.dll" is an untrusted system file... ugh.

Edit: Found a fix on Reddit. Download this .dll and replace it in your Root Steam directory.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nY7Vr4y-xmQX8Nf7X3OROlzuclFLoRjj/view

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldga...able_to_load_the_game_after_steam_update_eac/

What also work is going to the games anti cheat folder, running the anti cheat setup and clicking repair.

I wonder if this got repaired this morning. Steam updated and it said it was rolling back to the 6th of October version because of the anti cheat problems with some games.

Soldato
Oh I didn't see that, I had the update, new world wouldn't load so off to reddit for a fix. I'd say you're best off using that repair tool. I was a bit hasty and downloaded the dll.

Soldato
Your basically hitting minimum specs so probably low settings, maybe some at medium.
Probably not going to bother after looking at some youtube videos.
970 with a much higher end CPU only getting like 40FPS in medium/high with even lower in towns.
Seems the CPU gets pinned at 100% and the GPU is at around 40-60%.
I've been able to run whatever I want (with low graphics sometimes) at 60 FPS, but seems that time is gone, can't upgrade due to the stupid GPU prices.

Soldato
Yep I play solo I don't like pvp or any multiplayer games really. I know that sounds a bit stupid as it's an MMO, but I play by myself 99% of the time. Can go at my own pace.

Associate
Thanks guys. I might wait a few weeks for the initial hype to settle down and make sure it's still going strong before I pick it up but that helps. It certainly looks interesting enough to me.

Associate
Any server recommendations, Every one i have tried doesn't have english in world chat.

Same here. Its because the ones where most of the UK community headed to were locked to new characters by the first weekend after launch.
Obviously this isn't the fault of players.. you should be able to speak whatever language you are comfortable communicating in, but the poor way they have handled localisation of servers hasn't helped
Like I can't believe a company that big doesn't understand Europe doesn't just speak 1 language

Just slowly leveling meanwhile and "smelling the grass" while waiting to see how they handle transfers.. near wet myself laughing the other day as I saw something like a pugwash and master mates in one of the towns :)

Associate
Thanks guys. I might wait a few weeks for the initial hype to settle down and make sure it's still going strong before I pick it up but that helps. It certainly looks interesting enough to me.

Only issue with this is what if many more like you decide hang on it isn't going so strong now I will get something else, but it would have been strong had you joined back then... Go for it.

Caporegime
Probably not going to bother after looking at some youtube videos.
970 with a much higher end CPU only getting like 40FPS in medium/high with even lower in towns.
Seems the CPU gets pinned at 100% and the GPU is at around 40-60%.
I've been able to run whatever I want (with low graphics sometimes) at 60 FPS, but seems that time is gone, can't upgrade due to the stupid GPU prices.
4670k, 8gb ram, 980ti.

no other game got my cpu so hot, even if I limit the fps to 30 and get 70-90% cpu usage my cpu is still around 55c and that's at stock...

I remember playing RDR2 in the summer with 100% cpu usage at 4ghz and barely being above 52c, in this game at 4ghz my cpu was hitting 60c

This game is more like a burn in test on your CPU, poorly optimised coding or something never seen it in another game.

doesn't seem that bad on my GPU, I've got the power turned down to 56% in afterburner and I still get 60fps easy

Soldato
4670k, 8gb ram, 980ti.

no other game got my cpu so hot, even if I limit the fps to 30 and get 70-90% cpu usage my cpu is still around 55c and that's at stock...

I remember playing RDR2 in the summer with 100% cpu usage at 4ghz and barely being above 52c, in this game at 4ghz my cpu was hitting 60c

This game is more like a burn in test on your CPU, poorly optimised coding or something never seen it in another game.

doesn't seem that bad on my GPU, I've got the power turned down to 56% in afterburner and I still get 60fps easy
Its crazy how CPU bottlenecked the game is, there's videos of people with 3090's getting like 60-70 fps.
I'll have to stick with watching youtube videos for now haha my poor 2500k (overclocks like a champ) wouldn't hold up too well.

Back
Top Bottom