Things to do in the evenings in Glasgow

Permabanned
Lock the doors, turn off the lights, remain silent and pray, be fuelled up ready to head south at daybreak, if the car's still there ;) Rab C Nesbitt may be gone, but his progeny are alive, and as well as drug and alcohol binging allows.

Soldato
What do you like to do?
Where are you staying?

There’s no real must do Glasgow things in the city, but there is heaps of good food and drink options. Does depend where you are staying and what you like to do.

Associate
Italian-Munchie-Box.jpg

Munchy box?

Soldato
If you’re in the city centre, Chakoo is a good modern Indian. You could then go up to The Pot Still which is the best whisky bar in the city, staff are super friendly and is perfect for solo drinkers.

West End? Get down to Finnieston. Go to Lebowskis for White Russians. Loads of good food on that strip, can’t really go wrong. Ben Nevis is a good whisky pub there. As Magnolia says, mother India is good. I prefer the cafe (it is a restaurant, just a bit more causal) to the restaurant. Grunting Growler is round the corner from the cafe which is the best bottle shop in the city, you can drink in. Nice pub next door as well.

Merchant City? Not what it was, but The Absent Ear is there and is the best cocktail bar in the city. Food wise? Dhabba is alright. Dhakin is also good, North Indian so a bit different. There’s an arcade bar round the corner called Super Bario which is fun.

If you happen to be near Charing Cross, check out Bon Accord. Good whisky bar. Probably the best ale bar in the city. If you can get a table at Five March it’s probably my favourite restaurant.

Doubt you’ll be anywhere else but if you say what sort of thing you want to do, and where you are I can give more tailored tips.

Caporegime
Super Bario is an absolute waste of time.

Chakoo, Tuk Tuk and Chakoo West End are good as is Dhakin. In fact there is so many Ranjit's Kitchen in south side as well as Kebabish.

If you want a drink I'd say ashton lane is best place to go. City centre is usually full of all sorts and west end tends to have less bam pots as does finnieston and some places in the south side.

Back
Top Bottom