Anyone non-panic buying?

Soldato
Energy rates are rising and although the government assures us that there won't be black outs this winter, the grid will be running to within 6% of capacity (still within guidelines though).

Coupled with...

A couple of work colleagues are genuinely panicking IMO by buying a 2nd chest freezer for the garage and stocking it with frozen food.

Genius :cry:

Have various stocks of tinned and dried food, several bottles of camping gas, water purification tables... all of which are usual stock in our house anyway due to camping trips.

If worst comes to the worst, we have a BBQ, a defenceless elderly neighbour with a huge store of wood and a few cats who keep bringing us rats and birds :p

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

do you have 3 months of fuel stashed too ?
Yup.

Some 15kg butane cylinders and some more stuff like below (gas cylinders, meths, hardwood) which is portable in case we need to bug out.

20211008-161935.jpg

20211008-161528.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Capodecina
Soldato
I won't link the articles but over the last 24 hours the media is fuelling panic-buying. Plenty of articles on it. And there even one from a broadsheet recommending stocking up.

Soldato
I think it’s probably prudent to buy a few extra tins and things. Though we did it during the beginning of lockdown, and still haven’t used the lasagne sheetS.

Vegetables have certainly been in short supply in the last few months. Couldn’t get a single courgette last week. Can’t really stock up on them and with a plant based diet it does seem a bit trickier to store. I avoid most tinned and frozen veg as most of it is terrible (bar peas and sweet oven).

Transmission breaker
Don
I just stuck in an order for another crate of wine, just to be sure!
I have firewood stacked for a good year, a load of spam tins and a couple of rice bags.
Come the shortages, we will boil rice and spam on the fire, whilst drinking Garnacha and live like kings!

Last edited:
Associate
Probably the complete opposite, I’ve not got much in flat at the moment. Got a few frozen ready meals that’s about it.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

That's a huge crate of wood you got there.
I sure hope the apocalypse doesn't last longer than a chilly evening :D
I have 6 of those boxes just for bug out purposes, and 1000kg stored in a shed if I'm staying put.

Remember, you don't burn fuel the way you normally would if you are in survival mode - one of those boxes would last a lot longer than one chilly evening. One of those logs when splintered down with an axe and used in a Kelly kettle will boil 3l of water, enough for one meal for 5, maybe twice.

Who knew amiga was a prepper :cry::cry:

I believe I have spoken about it before on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom