*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Only played an hour or so and apart from feeling like a kid who's just learned to walk, wandering randomly around the map, I just think the map is way too big. Like really too big. All those other issues with it being a beta are valid. Definitely going to wait and see on this one as so far I couldn't honestly say I've got much enjoyment out of it.

Man of Honour
Still puzzles me, as per my earlier post in this thread, as to how people think the map is too big, you can literally get from one objective point to the next closest in 30 seconds max. I wont go over the things I have already said about flag distance and the length of time because they are right there in this thread for anyone to look at, but I will just say I am still astonished that anyone thinks the map is too big.

Associate
Maybe its just what we all know, WZ is well patched, stable, we know the maps etc

the squiffyness of it all would be me

but if that is the map they are more proud off !!!

Still puzzles me, as per my earlier post in this thread, as to how people think the map is too big, you can literally get from one objective point to the next closest in 30 seconds max. I wont go over the things I have already said about flag distance and the length of time because they are right there in this thread for anyone to look at, but I will just say I am still astonished that anyone thinks the map is too big.

the map is way to big for pure infantry play its very badly designed with no flow and limited cover with isolated flags

and by infantry play I dont meen meat grinders like metro

a couple of decent helicopters on one team can lockdown and farm the map

but this might change if they lower the ridiculous vehical spawn times and flare recharge rates

on the beta its pretty much pointless shooting one down it will be replaced in a minute or two max all of the vehicles should be valuable match turning resources not spamable

Caporegime

Aye I'm not following with them at all. It depends entirely on where you are on the map and it depends on how the opposition plays.

Personally, I'm enjoying but then I missed BF 3+4 until recently but I played 1942, 2 and 5.

Yeah it's buggy, it's a beta, but I would expect it to be a bit smoother this close to release but then every game is a buggy mess before release now

Soldato

When most on the internet feel the map is too big at some point you have to wonder if your opinion is the 'correct' one.

I just think it could be 1/4 the size and still feel huge without all the dead spots in the middle. As it stands at the moment unless you sit on 1 point the action along all the hills in the middle is sort of pointless. Sure, if you're in an air vehicle the large size is probably beneficial but seeing as most people will just be infantry, the large gaps in between the control points is really boring.

In BF3 and 4 you at least have action at all the control points and can still get into skirmishes in between. The vehicles in those maps didn't suffer.

I just hope this is the largest map in the game and the others are a bit smaller or more focussed.

Soldato
When most on the internet feel the map is too big at some point you have to wonder if your opinion is the 'correct' one..
Well me and a few mates all think it's fine so not sure what "most of the internet" means... anyhow for me, yeah map is perfect size yes there are some dead zones... but is that not what a map should be otherwise it'd end up being just TDM and wherever you spawn you die... I wanna be able to fly into a quiet place, get my **** together and then march on.

For me personally I think it's fine size wise, what you have on this map are areas people wanna be involved in more... C1/C2 and the rockets at E... if there was something I'd say they could move those places around a little as they dont' seem to link well? and get them better placed on the map. F is NOT even a place I bother going for example and the rocket tbh isn't for me due to sniper fest and air fest (but others will love if you play that way)... so I end up going for C1/C2 and A1 mainly... the size is fine, it's what's on those conquest points that aren't that interesting... D/E/F are a little dull for me personally?...

Man of Honour
When most on the internet feel the map is too big at some point you have to wonder if your opinion is the 'correct' one.

I just think it could be 1/4 the size and still feel huge without all the dead spots in the middle. As it stands at the moment unless you sit on 1 point the action along all the hills in the middle is sort of pointless. Sure, if you're in an air vehicle the large size is probably beneficial but seeing as most people will just be infantry, the large gaps in between the control points is really boring.

In BF3 and 4 you at least have action at all the control points and can still get into skirmishes in between. The vehicles in those maps didn't suffer.

I just hope this is the largest map in the game and the others are a bit smaller or more focussed.

Oh no, I agree..in fact no opinion (on anything) is the 'correct' one because its an opinion.

I'm sure there will be smaller maps but hopefully nothing too small, if I want small maps where I am constantly running into other players I would play Call of Duty, I play Battlefield specifically for the big maps

Man of Honour
the map is way to big for pure infantry play its very badly designed with no flow and limited cover with isolated flags

and by infantry play I dont meen meat grinders like metro

a couple of decent helicopters on one team can lockdown and farm the map

but this might change if they lower the ridiculous vehical spawn times and flare recharge rates

on the beta its pretty much pointless shooting one down it will be replaced in a minute or two max all of the vehicles should be valuable match turning resources not spamable

I would agree that the map is on the big side if it only involved infantry but it doesnt, so thats fine. Bear in mind that I hardly ever get into a combat vehicle (land or air) so most of my stuff is done on foot or in summoned light vehicles, as I say it doesnt take me longer than probably 30 secs to run from one flag to the next flag and imo thats absolutely fine. Helicopters can be quite reasonably countered by EMP drones but a lot of people havent learned that yet

Back
Top Bottom