Under sealing is this a realistic scenario

Soldato
OP
You really going to spend nearly a grand undersealing a what 4k car? I think if I was you id do it myself. The real key to rust proofing and undersealing for me is maintenance, that being a one off undersealing isnt necessarily better than you doing yourself once a year and topping it up. I mainly underseal really old stuff which is far more prone to rot than anything remotely modern and its same technique, you need to keep on top of it i.e. inspect it once a year and keep topping up the protection.

The one piece of advice id give is that most cars rot from the inside out so the most important protection is the thin dinitrol stuff which goes inside the box sections of the vehicle. This need applying through any grommet holes or water escape holes that are already there using a lance and air compressor or if DIY then a spray can with 360 nozzle lance. The more gloopy stuff which is on the outside will over time get eroded by debris and water spray no matter how well applied so thats just a top up annually job.

good luck.

I.m sort of leaning towards this but then I think I have to use a ramp as there is now way i'm going to get it done on my drive. I need to make sure there is no mess, it's going to take a few days to do what I want properly and I'm likely to **** it up somehow, it's what I do. He also inspects and sorts each year any issues as part of the price so it isn't too bad considering, but yes I was expecting it to be cheaper and it is negotiable so it is the higher end really.

Soldato
OP
£850 sounds like a lot.
Had my MX5 done for sub £400 by the MX5restorer near Eastbourne

I wish I could get it done for that. Saying that I did get a quote of around £150 to just do the under side from Krown rustproofing near Birmingham, but that doesn't involve rust converter or anything, it is literally spraying the product underneath the vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom