The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Ordered a LR in grey, 18" wheels and the white interior last night. Really hoping it's much better made than my last one was!

Time to cancel that ID.3 order...

Soldato
Also what's the expected life for batteries in the car?

Nothing to concern yourself with. Warranty is "8 years or 100,000/120,000 miles (SR/LR), whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period."

Some Model X that had done over 500,000 miles in the US was still going strong and had a battery swap for ~$15k from memory.

So certainly not that much different to, or maybe even better than an engine (I'm no mechanic).

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What was wrong with it? Also what's the expected life for batteries in the car?

Depends how many charge cycles you put on it (equivalent of going from 0-100%).

1500 Charging Cycles
5% average Degradation Rate Per 100,000 Miles
400,000 miles Before 20% Degradation

Remember, if you're charging it 60-80% every day then effectively you're only accruing 20% of a full cycle, so it'd take you 5 days to get to "1" charge cycle. For 1500 cycles that would take you 20 years to get to that :p

Soldato
Depends how many charge cycles you put on it (equivalent of going from 0-100%).

1500 Charging Cycles
5% average Degradation Rate Per 100,000 Miles
400,000 miles Before 20% Degradation

Remember, if you're charging it 60-80% every day then effectively you're only accruing 20% of a full cycle, so it'd take you 5 days to get to "1" charge cycle. For 1500 cycles that would take you 20 years to get to that :p
Good way of putting it. It's just they're still relatively new (to me).

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Getting 2x chargers installed tomorrow.

Been nearly 2 weeks since picking up the car and I’ve managed to get away with only charging it 3 times in that time. I used the 120kw charger at the service station about a mile away from home on Tuesday night and could probably get away with charging at that location in future.

That said, looking forward to the convenience of being able to plug in at home if I need a top-up over night :cool:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

New wheel (covers) arrived today too! They cover more of the wheel and they’re supposedly more aerodynamic than the standard aero wheels.

I like them :cool:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

:cry: Thanks! Not Aldi or Lidl… had to import them from the US though.

You can’t see any of the original wheel, which I like. They also cover the outer edge of the original wheels unlike the aero covers so if you did kerb them you’d be ruining plastic and not metal.

Soldato
New wheel (covers) arrived today too! They cover more of the wheel and they’re supposedly more aerodynamic than the standard aero wheels.

I like them :cool:

what i dont understand is that these are an asymmetrical design ie looking at the right of the car as we are here the spoke leaves the centre in a tightening clockwise direction. This means on the left they will leave the centre towards the rim in a counterclockwise direction. Surely what ever aerodynamic gains are made on one side are cancelled on the left side?

or it doesn't matter either way. Personally i really dislike asymmetrical alloys i like symmetry:D

yes i know the aero hubs have the same issue they are assymetric as well but i try not to think about it too much. On the basis thats how it came from factory.

Soldato
Ordered a LR in grey, 18" wheels and the white interior last night. Really hoping it's much better made than my last one was!

Time to cancel that ID.3 order...

I want to like the ID.3 but I don’t understand why they made it so blummin’ wide. I think it makes it impractical in Europe.

Soldato
Lol. It’s been a long week. Looks like I am wrong on this.
Well done for replying, I'm sure some wouldn't. O find some electric cars do look bigger (on paper) but in person don't look too bad. I'm thinking epace to ipace, I thought they looked similar online but in person the I pace is lower (although why they didn't call the electric one the e I have no idea).

Back
Top Bottom