Far Cry 6

Man of Honour
So Ultra settings and RTX features enabled I am getting and holding around 60fps which is fine for me I think, however for higher res with HD textures on it's a massive performance hit, so came across this:

Associate
I think I messed up with this one. Bought a Ryzen 5900x last year but saved the coupon code until game came out. Redeeming it on AMD rewards says code expired.

Soldato
So Ultra settings and RTX features enabled I am getting and holding around 60fps which is fine for me I think, however for higher res with HD textures on it's a massive performance hit, so came across this:

Why what card do you have and at what res ?

Average 85fps with minimum of 80fps UW, everything turned on including Hi-res textures and Ultra settings ? VRam usage showing about 11gb. The VRAM usage in game settings menu is a bit optimistic says 6gb!

Caporegime

The **** is he running the game on to get 5fps?

I have Ultra settings with Ray Tracing on, HDR and HD Textures and get over 60fps average at 4k.

Associate
I've got an 8GB card, like most, so didn't bother with HD texture pack.
Latest drivers, and get plenty of FPS, so no idea why that reviewer gets 5fps - lol

Just off the starter island and already found some unique weapons.
Sniping's a bit broken as can't swap ammo type easily, so running and gunning and having a blast.

Man of Honour
Its not bad, its not great. Which funnily enough was the same feeling I had with Far Cry 5. At this point in time I think its best to put the Far Cry franchise into hibernation for a bit, give it a little rethink and redesign before coming out with another one. It could do with the same sort of reboot that Assassins Creed got with AC Origins , after recognising that the AC series had become stale. I feel like Far Cry is at that same point and needs a little hiatus.

Man of Honour
Odd, as I'm having great fun playing this! Didn't expect to like it as much as I am.

Its quite enjoyable but its lacking that "ooh I must finish work quickly today because I want to get back onto Farcry" sort of feeling for me. Its not at all bad, its just not great. If I was scoring it I'd give it like a high 6 or low 7

Soldato
Its quite enjoyable but its lacking that "ooh I must finish work quickly today because I want to get back onto Farcry" sort of feeling for me. Its not at all bad, its just not great. If I was scoring it I'd give it like a high 6 or low 7

Exact same feeling here, I've been off gaming for a while and this is the first game to get me excited to play. However, I can easily pull my self away from it. I'd probably go for an 8 but that might just be because of the excitement to get back into gaming.

Permabanned
How is he getting 5fps? Ive got HD textures with RT at 4k and none of whatever AMDs DLSS is called and its sitting around 60. Doesnt look like the prettiest game Ive ever played though which used to be Far Crys thing.

Soldato
How is he getting 5fps? Ive got HD textures with RT at 4k and none of whatever AMDs DLSS is called and its sitting around 60. Doesnt look like the prettiest game Ive ever played though which used to be Far Crys thing.
The first game yeah. Remember playing that for the first time ? :D

Back
Top Bottom