*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
How are others displays?

I am noticing some slight blue fringing in areas that display white, the fringing is occurring slightly above, it's not everywhere though. Can be spotted on mine in the News section just above certain coloured news boxes. Comparing my V2, I am not seeing the same issue. Vivid mode is off on my OLED model.

Edit: This is strange, maybe it is my eyes. As closing one eye (tried both) removes the issue. I also cannot capture it on camera. So doesn't seem to be a panel defect. Bizarre.

Just read that the OLED panel seems to use PWM to control brightness. I'm not saying this is the issue, I'm not normally sensitive to PWM and I wouldn't expect this behaviour.

Last edited:
Soldato
So my Special edition Metroid Dread arrived this afternoon, have to say Im impressed, it is huge. I slid it out of the packaging ever so carefully and spent a couple of hours going through the artwork book which was really good. I then decided the whole package was far too nice for everyday use, so I very carefully put everything back and ordered the digital download edition. Im getting sentimental in my old age :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Edit: This is strange, maybe it is my eyes. As closing one eye (tried both) removes the issue. I also cannot capture it on camera. So doesn't seem to be a panel defect. Bizarre.

My LG CX is very cool/blue image too out box, as for your eyes I actually have a similar issue and never found why it does it (or maybe I'm just dumb lol) but if I shut 1 eye I get normal/blue tint, while other eye gives me red tint

Soldato
Hey guys. Anyone know if there are currently any trade in deals on the older switches towards the OLED model?

My wife is quite interested in picking up the OLED model as unlike me, she uses hers in handheld all the time.

In her case it makes a lot more sense than me who primarily use mine docked.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys. Anyone know if there are currently any trade in deals on the older switches towards the OLED model?

My wife is quite interested in picking up the OLED model as unlike me, she uses hers in handheld all the time.

In her case it makes a lot more sense than me who primarily use mine docked.

The best deal I saw was Game stores inside SportsDirect was making the OLED upgrade cost like 30 quid.

Associate
Currently re downloading my games to the switch oled, Orzly screen protector fitted with no issues & my Animal Crossing Island moved over from my old switch (didnt want to lose the hours I poured into it over the first lockdown).

Oh and Metroids ready to play as well :)

First impressions, love the new screen & the improved speakers sound really good too, will try my Airpod Pros with it tomorrow too.

Cheers all

Soldato
Got ours yesterday but didn't get it set up until late evening. Have to say the screen is such a nice upgrade, loving the OLED panel. The whole machine feels way more premium, the kickstand is brilliant, handy to have the extra storage but still think it should have been 128GB minimum. Very useful having the Ethernet built into the dock which is also very nice and more premium in look. Really impressed with the new speakers, instantly noticed the difference. Certainly worth the upgrade if you play a lot of handheld or want the best version of the switch. Brings some of the games to life with the new screen alone. Posted a couple of pics to compare with our original switch.

B8-E07-DAC-566-F-4836-B1-F4-8-AB07-C244-FC1.jpg

BD48-EBC9-CC33-4-E98-BB50-86142-CF85-D78.jpg

Man of Honour
Mine arrived today even though Amazon said to expect it on Wednesday. I’m happy to get it a day late to get over £40 off the retail price.

Now I just need to figure out how to transfer everything across.

Associate
Mine arrived today even though Amazon said to expect it on Wednesday. I’m happy to get it a day late to get over £40 off the retail price.

I used the transfer tool for my Animal Crossing island/save which moved from my old switch to the oled version, prior to doing that I just added the same user as my old switch to the new one.

Currently downloading my library to the new one using ethernet from the dock.

You can copy everything from your memory card to your pc, then put the card into the new switch to format it, remove the card from the switch then copy the contents over from your pc back to the card, then put it into the new switch.

All my saves were saved in the cloud so I just pulled them back down to the new switch.

Cheers all

Soldato
Got mine today, I do have issue with my joycons tho, the right thumbstick has a little wobble, you can move it and twist it without the actual stick moving however the left side is like 10x worse, it feels close to being loose, anybody else ever had this issue with joycons? I'm pretty sure my old ones weren't even as bad as my right side one

Soldato

Mine still isn't due till next week and I also purchased it from Amazon France.

Back
Top Bottom