*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
even on low settings it doesn't feel smooth only got a 3600x with a 3070

3600 is the min spec cpu for AMD so would assume they are having some problems with AMD cpus and BF

playing all high settings i5-10400f + rx6700xt and while it gets 90-100 fps on 1440p the game does feel a little strange at times but beta

Associate
I will get on release but will hold back my rig upgrade after I have played a little.

It seems to me we need a new IP to shake things up as BF and COD have been stale for a decade now. BF3 was the last beta that really gripped me.

the new ubisoft game looks promising

Man of Honour
I will get on release but will hold back my rig upgrade after I have played a little.

It seems to me we need a new IP to shake things up as BF and COD have been stale for a decade now. BF3 was the last beta that really gripped me.

Thats true, a 3rd big shooter to sit alongside BF and CoD would be good

Man of Honour
When I say I want the maps smaller I don't mean like Metro and operation Locker.

But maps like Parcel Storm, Hainan Resort, Rogue Transmission, Flood zone, Dawnbreaker, Caspian Border and Lancang Dam were all a blast. They had the right mix of verticality, vehicles still worked really well on them but they also had plenty of interesting routes through winding alleys or through apartments.

This map just feels big and barren for the sake of being bigger. There is very little interesting going on or to go to other than the point on top of the tower - which is nothing siege of Shanghai didn't manage to have already. There is no option for close range skirmishes and it all looks the same.

Most, not all but certainly a lot of, my issues can probably be attributed to the terrible map but it's got nothing going for it. Unless you spend most of your time in a aircraft or tank, it's pretty boring and most of my playtime is infantry based.

I've spent almost 5 hours with this now in the hopes it would grab me and it still hasn't. Will try and group up with some friends but from the people I know who have played it, no one is thrilled by it

Thats a shame that it hasnt grabbed you, I'm 11 hours in now and still enjoying it. I guess by some peoples barometers that makes me a kid judging by the recent posts in the thread ;)

Man of Honour
So can you do 128 player in the beta? Any good?

Yes you can is the answer to the first question.

The answer to the 2nd question is more complex. 1 person will say yes its good and another will say no its rubbish. Which of course makes forming any sort of realistic opinion yourself virtually impossible. Best thing to do is try it and see if you like it or not

Soldato
Yes you can is the answer to the first question.

The answer to the 2nd question is more complex. 1 person will say yes its good and another will say no its rubbish. Which of course makes forming any sort of realistic opinion yourself virtually impossible. Best thing to do is try it and see if you like it or not
Ok, i was wondering if they had resurrected Operation Metro type map, with 128 players it would be a carnage-fest.

Associate
Performance for me is way better than expected on my aging rig ([email protected] + 2070Super) at 65-95fps, ultra settings @ 1080p.
For some reason I'm getting a Planetside 2 vibe.

Only played 2 rounds so far so not sure if I like it or not (have always hated every BF game for the first few hours, then loved them after that)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom