*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Definitely seems very marmite, no inbetween.

I am liking it the more I play.

This. I wasn't overly impressed at first then had a few bad rounds where I couldn't hit the side of a barn whereas the enemy was 2 shotting me, I was spawning in and dieing immediately and generally having a bad time. Then it clicked.

It needs some serious work and I'm hoping that a lot of issues are fixed come release but I've actually had a lot of fun after 5 hours or so. Started to find my groove with the LMG and not looked back. I've not laughed as much while playing an mp game in a while so I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth.

Soldato
I'm jealous of the ones of you loving this. I really want to like it but it just feels so overwhelmingly 'meh'.

I may pay £15 for a month of EA Pro to play it but no way in hell am I spending £50 on this. Not a chance.

Caporegime
i think you need to put the amount of people or comments in to who actually played the game for enough time or understands battlefield betas. they are always buggy and things often dont work. there is a decent game there just needs tweaks. the lobby system is terrible. also only 4 man squads on a 128 player man server isnt big enough. if you have a lot of friends you can play with most of them. which kinda makes big games less fun.

Man of Honour
I'm jealous of the ones of you loving this. I really want to like it but it just feels so overwhelmingly 'meh'.

I may pay £15 for a month of EA Pro to play it but no way in hell am I spending £50 on this. Not a chance.

Yeah, its a pity that some people dont like it, I was always on the fence before beta, I said many times that I was going to use beta to decide whether I would buy or not and after 12 hours in the beta I now know its a definite buy for me. Hopefully some of peoples issues will be addressed and if not then hopefully another game will come out which fits them instead.

Soldato
Was it BF3 beta that had Metro rush? That was great. So many hours playing that.
Yeah I believe it was and that got me hooked right away. If I'm honest the trailer to the game where they were on the rooftop avoiding a sniper and at the end the helicopter comes above them and lets rip with the minigun. That got me to pre-order as the sound was immense.

But that beta felt special. Getting a LMG with a bipod and resting it on a wall and laying down some cover fire, or being on the receiving end of the cover fire and having you screen change colour. Feeling the walls crumble or floor dent with grenades and mortars.

I may be looking back on it with rose tinted glasses but even when I think about playing the BF4 beta with Siege of Shanghai right away I knew I wanted that game. The scale of the map, being on top of point C when it collapses and jumping off to parachute to safety, it all felt epic.

Maybe things like that aren't so special any more but there has been nothing in this beta which hooked me. I haven't seen the tornado yet but the rocket launching isn't exactly special.

As I keep saying I'll play more over the weekend as I want a new shooter to really get stuck into and I really want it to be this.

Soldato
I had a few games this evening with some of the old BF4 mob.

It was good, it was a far more positive experience than i was expecting. But DICE have lot to do with balance and how air vehicles handle.

Soldato
I don't know, I feel a bit "meh" over it.

I don't like the crouch sliding, feels like I'm playing Apex. I used to love flying in BF3/4, but it feels very different to me with their handling.
Also does anyone who how to invert look when your sitting in a passenger/gunner seat?

Man of Honour
BF4 still holds up well on the graphics front, doesnt look quite as good as BF2042 in some aspects, particle effects and such like but for its age it still holds up well. It makes you wonder just how photo realistic these games will look in another 10 years, going to end up looking so good that some people get PTSD :)

Back
Top Bottom