Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition

Caporegime
Oh boy, I hope this is good! There’s lots to do in these games. Will be interesting to see how butchered the music is in this collection and I really hope it’s not based on the mobile ports.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy — The Definitive Editionis coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC (via the Rockstar Games Launcher), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X in 2021. The collection is also coming to Android and iOS devices in 2022.

Later this month marks a very special anniversary for Rockstar Games: 20 years since the original release of Grand Theft Auto III — the game that set players loose in the sprawling, three-dimensional metropolis of Liberty City with a new and unprecedented sense of freedom and immersion. In addition to carving a new path for the open world genre, Grand Theft Auto III established Grand Theft Auto as a cultural phenomenon, alongside its two subsequent — and equally legendary — entries in the series, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

We'd like to extend a heartfelt thank you to all the Grand Theft Auto fans who have supported the games over the past two decades. Your love and appreciation for these games has helped push the Grand Theft Auto series forward with every iteration.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...aign=trilogy_announcement_comingsoon-20211008

Associate
I would like a simple remaster of 4 as I havnt played it in years but this trilogy is too old for me now unless they put a lot of effort into the remasters....... which I doubt.
Early "realistic" 3d games have aged terribly imo.

Soldato
20 years since GTA III came out means it’s 20 years since I went into HMV with a mate to buy a PS2 console bundled with GTA III and having to call my dad to come down and buy it for me given it was rated 18.

I loved all three games (III, VC and SA) but feel very meh about this remaster. I remember experiencing Liberty City for the first time in 3D and was blown away, the size of it was mind blowing and let’s not forget the amazing scarface inspired music. But I can’t see me picking it up tbh. I’ve no need to play them again, I’ll just keep waiting for GTA VI but until then, this will pass the time for plenty of people.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'd rather have a remake, than a remaster.

Yes but this way they can spend **** all and still make pretty much the same money. This is the company that has been milking GTA5 for 8 years now. Think the only company who are better at this is Bethesda with Skyrim.

As much as I love my Switch I swear its single handedly responsible for the current trend of re-releasing old games with hardly any effort for far too much money.

Soldato
This is the company that has been milking GTA5 for 8 years now.

Has?

I think they're still milking it will PS5 and Xbox Series X releases :p

Its pretty shocking tbh, hope this trilogy flops hard. I suspect a full £40-50 for this remaster and with it being available to switch i doubt it will be THAT much improved.

Soldato
I think this will be in the £30 to £35 price range, at least I hope. If more then I'll be waiting for a sale.

I love Vice City, if it has some decent quality of life updates and a bit of a graphical improvement then I'd be happy enough.

The PS4 version runs like an absolute dog, on the Pro and even on the PS5.

Caporegime
I think this will be in the £30 to £35 price range, at least I hope. If more then I'll be waiting for a sale.

I love Vice City, if it has some decent quality of life updates and a bit of a graphical improvement then I'd be happy enough.

The PS4 version runs like an absolute dog, on the Pro and even on the PS5.

The PC thread, the price seems to be double what you want. :(

Soldato
The PC thread, the price seems to be double what you want. :(

At lot of the reports on pricing are all coming from the fact Base put it up at that price, it hasn't been confirmed and I'm not aware other retailers are saying the same, yet anyway.

If so I'll just wait for the inevitable price drop, plenty on my back catalogue.

Associate
I like the look of this! Will be keeping a keen eye on Switch and Xbox One versions!

As a *very* casual gamer, the latest ones are a bit hard to pursue as I don't often get to sit down and play games and for that reason default back to racing games which are easy to pick up and have a quick go at. Whereas GTA III and Vice City are achievable (also, played so much as a yooth i like the familiarity of them :) )

Back
Top Bottom