What do you do when off camera on a boring Teams call?

Soldato
Depends on a call but more often that not I'll have my camera off and mic muted. As others already mentioned usually do something else until I need to get involved. Even when I do have my camera on, thanks to the ultrawide monitor, I put teams on one half of the screen, outlook/ web browser on the other half and move the webcam over that side of the screen. That way I can still see what's going on and it looks like that I'm paying attention and looking at the camera even though I'm doing something else :)

Soldato
Usually just browse the internet on a separate monitor.

usually posting stuff on here like i'm doing now whilst on a team call

Browse OCUK

Can you actually pay attention to the meeting if you are reading other things? I find playing guitar or a bit of light gaming to be fine during boring meetings, but surfing the net risks losing track of what is going on if I get interested in something else.

Ah so this is why people want to work from home huh so you can slack off. :p

We know what you meant.

Soldato
Can you actually pay attention to the meeting if you are reading other things? I find playing guitar or a bit of light gaming to be fine during boring meetings, but surfing the net risks losing track of what is going on if I get interested in something else.

We know what you meant.

Not brilliantly, but it depends on the call. Sometimes there's just discussion where i'm needed for input occasionally but not for 90% so i just listen out for my name and hope i've paid enough attention to not be caught out :p

Soldato
Sometimes I lose track of what I am posting which is a bit annoying but I guess I am paid to be there.

Associate
Anyone who doesn't mute themselves when they're not talking deserves a spanked bottom, whatever they're doing. Always someone's phone going off, child crying, heavy breathing or just general white noise and feedback because they've got a crappy mic going on. I haven't heard anyone answering a call of nature yet though.

Soldato
I went to the loo yesterday whilst on a Teams call with my Bluetooth ear mic on so I could still speak, but camera off. The buggers went for two hours without thinking people might need a break.

Someone said 'errr, I think someone needs to go on mute'. I had no idea that the earphone mic would pick up wee-wee noises!

Awkward.

I also may or may not do other things that I'm not sure I should admit.

Usually playing PS5, but I've also been for a number 1 and 2 - just mute/turn off the camera :D

Associate
I generally sit mumbling rude words with my head in my hands despairing at the stupidity of some of the people on group calls. And then checking I am on mute and camera is off.

Soldato
teams? lucky sod

all my important meetings are on that pos zoom that i still don't understand how it got popular

as for what i do? same as normal, camera and mic are de-activated so it's largely irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom