GTA trilogy with modern upgrades is confirmed.

Soldato
do you think it will be just a remaster (upgraded graphics not much work done) or a remake with gtav gun mechanics (actual aiming) and not whatever direction your looking in jobbie.

hoping for latter but think we will get former. :(

Soldato
Hopefully we get to see some gameplay teasers soon, it says the end of the year and we have nothing yet. No idea how long it has been worked on either.

@smogsy I'm gonna say the former. Just a hunch.

Underboss
GTA4 remake would be good too, such a great game that was.

And RDR1 remade for PC

And GTA6

I'm such a whore for R*, I know it's wrong but they always get me hyped.

Soldato
It will be on the unreal engine apparently, so I have no idea how this will turn out. Switch users can rejoice though.
Steam seems to have been stitched up as there is no mention other than available on the R* launcher. However, this is a bit moot now because that launches regardless and adding the game to steam will give you that in-steam launch feel. Should you so desire.

I am meh about all this. Just more ways to wring money out of the franchise for very little effort.

Soldato
I'd like to play San Andreas as missed that one in the all consuming Counterstrike days.

However, all I am reading online is this is likely be not much more than the games put through filters and upscaled to higher res etc.

Not excitied for it at all now really as much as I would love to play Vice City again and San An.

Soldato
By the same token I was excited to get the remaster of Mario 64 on Switch but zero effort was put into that, laughably there are better versions available on emulators on PC.

These "remasters" are becoming a joke if I'm honest. If you want to do it, do it properly. Looking at you Black Mesa!

Soldato
Its just the mobile versions replacing pc versions with high res support id imagine. Personally id hoped they could have ported the old games into the gta 5 engine as then the games should have run well.

Soldato
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/games/news/gta-trilogy-vice-city-ps5-b1935249.html

Says consoles getting the updated visuals part of trilogy first and pc at a later date so im not sure if that means pc gets a basic trilogy then a enhanced one later on or if pc version delayed while consoles enjoy a bit of exclusivity first.

Btw if it is true that these are gona be on the unreal engine, does that mean ppl will start modding these new versions and maybe have access to better mod tools etc so even better modding can be done on them? Compared to modding using the old engines. If so maybe this could be a useful thing and let modders port over their old mods but make them even better than before or new mods that can really do something amazing with unreal engine on these old games oh and isnt dlss got that unreal plugin now? So they could add that i guess and fsr probably too which if mods make it really photogenic could be useful to keep fps up for 4k icehancer kinda packs that go way further than they could have before?

Back
Top Bottom