It's funny how (fuel shortages)

Man of Honour
Think diesel and petrol have the same signs!

Tankers have a red diamond shape to the right of the orange sign, with a black image of a flame at the top, and a number at the bottom, i.e. 3, the numbers and letters to the left signify what the tanker is carrying, and how to extinguish flames if it caught fire, e.g. coarse spray, fine spray, foam, or a dry agent, this is for the Fire Brigade.
There is also a null Hazchem sign which indicates if a tanker is carrying non hazardous substances.

If there's also a shortage in Europe then they'd be off their heads to help us out after the way they've been treated.

Forget how some European governments may feel toward U.K. after Brexit.
If I was driving a tanker in Poland for $2000 per month, it would need a humongous hike in pay to encourage me to jump through hoops with all the paperwork involved, and come to this P hole where I couldn’t speak the language, then live in digs just to keep the Brits cars running.

Don
Tankers have a red diamond shape to the right of the orange sign, with a black image of a flame at the top, and a number at the bottom, i.e. 3, the numbers and letters to the left signify what the tanker is carrying, and how to extinguish flames if it caught fire, e.g. coarse spray, fine spray, foam, or a dry agent, this is for the Fire Brigade.
There is also a null Hazchem sign which indicates if a tanker is carrying non hazardous substances.

Forget how some European governments may feel toward U.K. after Brexit.
If I was driving a tanker in Poland for $2000 per month, it would need a humongous hike in pay to encourage me to jump through hoops with all the paperwork involved, and come to this P hole where I couldn’t speak the language, then live in digs just to keep the Brits cars running.

The average salary in Poland is £1,330 / month compared to the UK average of £2,580 / month. I can easily see why a Polish driver would take some UK pay for a couple of months if it were offered if they could double their income.

Associate
Still no fuel in my corner of London. Most stations are closed off.

Currently below 1/4 tank, so have stopped driving until this is over. Need to conserve what I have for emergencies.

Definitely getting developing world vibes from this, next is food shortages around Christmas. Fun.

Man of Honour
The average salary in Poland is £1,330 / month compared to the UK average of £2,580 / month. I can easily see why a Polish driver would take some UK pay for a couple of months if it were offered if they could double their income.

I’ll take your word for that, I just pulled an imaginary figure out of thin air to use an example when I said €2000 per month.
Maybe it’s just me, but having earned top dollar in a few truck driving gigs, I couldn’t b.a. with all the paperwork to go to another country where I couldn’t speak the language just to earn 100% more for a few months.
I’d stay here and be home most nights, but I could be persuaded to work in France for a big bump in wages, I’ve got family all over France, and I’m au fait with the language.

Soldato
I’d stay here and be home most nights, but I could be persuaded to work in France for a big bump in wages, I’ve got family all over France, and I’m au fait with the language.
I think this is a case for a lot of Polskis given how many generations have moved to the UK etc.

I have lots of friends from Romania from my time working there, and when they pop over they always have a massive list of friends to go and visit, myself included.

Associate
The TV news this morning reporting that Army drivers are now out in tankers, then showing footage of RAF personnel.

Media were the morons who started this, lit the match, stood back and watched the bang, and then can't even report correctly on the carnage they created.

Soldato
Still no fuel in my corner of London. Most stations are closed off.

Currently below 1/4 tank, so have stopped driving until this is over. Need to conserve what I have for emergencies.

Definitely getting developing world vibes from this, next is food shortages around Christmas. Fun.

Best to pre order certain food items such as turkey via butchers and some supermarkets do this. Then with long life things such as booze, sauces, gravy etc but when see them.

It’s always the same people that come at 4pm on Christmas Eve asking if we got any turkeys. When we sold out at 10am. They will be even more struggling

V F

V F

Soldato
Best to pre order certain food items such as turkey via butchers and some supermarkets do this. Then with long life things such as booze, sauces, gravy etc but when see them.

It’s always the same people that come at 4pm on Christmas Eve asking if we got any turkeys. When we sold out at 10am. They will be even more struggling

The same people that crash the HRMC site on the day for the tax returns? :eek::cry:

Associate
i feel like being childish and writing 'queue behind me following petrol tanker' at the back of my car while following a random tanker.. then 5-10min after having a large queue of cars, suddenly drive a different direction

Man of Honour
Most of the places I passed tonight are out of diesel, though had petrol. Looks like actually supply issues starting to creep in now probably due to places like London getting higher priority.

Soldato
refilled my car last week, cos it was empty

had to wait 30s in a queue

to get out

after filling

from a pump that was free when i arrived

almost like this supply problem is regional and not national........

Soldato
The few petrol stations I have passed these past couple of days, most had about half the pumps with someone using them. Then drove past a BP and there were queues. No idea why as the fuel at this station is 5p more a litre than another less than a mile away.

Back
Top Bottom