Save the Bacon

Soldato
They may as well go out of business now to be honest rather than wait until the TTIP or whatever they eventually call it, is signed. As soon as the US mega farms have access it's curtains anyway. They may as well retrain now in cyber or whatever.

Just imagining some of the pig farmers I know trying to retrain in cyber :D

First 2 weeks would be on how to use email. Then the next 2 weeks would be repeating the first. Probably indefinitely

Caporegime
The laws on on farm slaughter have changed in recent times, making it illegal for on farm slaughter to take place unless solely for the carcass to be eaten by the owner of the beast or his immediate family living on the farm. Burial of waste products on the farm is illegal save in genuinely remote areas. These law changes have made it extremely difficult for the small holder to eat his own livestock, culled on their own smallholding.
I wonder how we survived without the rigorous health and safety laws and high food standards of the modern world.

Soldato
if they have to kill them, won't they dump them on the m25 next to the insulation Britain lot, and once the terrorists learn they can just sit in the road we are ******

Commissario
I wonder how we survived without the rigorous health and safety laws and high food standards of the modern world.
You often didn't.

Pretty much all the rules that are blamed on "health and safety" are in response to incidents that led to avoidable deaths or serious injuries, often lots of deaths or serious injuries, or repeated incidents with the same base cause.
There is also a strong element of back in the day when you had the family butcher who served a small village any contamination of the food would be limited to a small area with a small number of people, these days that contamination might affect tens of thousands because one badly butchered animal in a modern plant can easily cause large scale cross contamination (not to mention the butcher probably got the animals from a small farmer who raised a tiny number compared to todays farms).

Back
Top Bottom