Audi A3 2021 vs Lexus IS300 2020

Associate
Hey guys,

So I'm flying out to Dubai and I always hire out a car while I'm out there, In the past I've always managed to get a deal on a Merc CLA or C class but this time I've been offered both the above cars for similar prices.

Does anyone have experience with either cars and how they compare? I do believe they are base spec models, Audi a3 is the 2.0 variant and the lexus is 2019/2020 2.0 model.

Which one should I go for?

Soldato
Take the Lexus any day of the week. I'm across the pond in Qatar and the Lexus is a much better prospect out here if only for the fact that it's a bigger car. The AC in European cars seems to be a weak point out here whereas I've had no issues in Jap cars. Toyota / Lexus are also seen as more prestigious out here if that matters to you. European cars don't have that 'premium' social status like they do in the UK, unless you're looking at exotica.

Soldato
Lexus. Way more comfortable and reliable. And yea Jap AC tends to be way stronger.

So what if it's an "older platform", it's a much better platform. Forget badge snobbery out there, unless you drive a million pound hypercar no one cares.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
A jumped up Skoda, or a Lexus? Easy choice for me.

Edit:
Realised almost as soon as I’d written the above that Lexus doesn’t even exist in Japan, meaning that of course the IS is just a rebranded Toyota.
So let me rephrase to:
“A jumped up Skoda, or a car built to genuinely high quality standards”.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep, Lexus was invented for the western market.

In most of the world Toyota and other Japanese cars are quite rightly placed above the Germans. Because in much of it robust engineering and durability is placed higher than the latest version of Apple carplay.

Back
Top Bottom