*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
I just hope they improve the reviving animation and process - it’s horrible

otherwise, loads of potential there. Not going to judge it until the full release

Soldato
Theres just so many 'main game' things missing from the beta it's hard for me to make a judgement. Simple things like lack of map, squad orders and 'spotting' are bigger parts of the game than I thought.

Soldato
Theres just so many 'main game' things missing from the beta it's hard for me to make a judgement. Simple things like lack of map, squad orders and 'spotting' are bigger parts of the game than I thought.

I was about to say similar. This beta really is a very small snapshot of what the finished game will be like and include. Looking forward to it.

Caporegime
Played this morning on my Larry after playing last night, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Finding the loadout on the main weapons I like now, I only wish it kept that loadout or you could save a loadout on each weapon after you've switched it around.

Really liking being able to switch scopes and the like on the fly. Jumped off a building earlier, parachuted and scoped someone, changed scope landed and got the other guy.

Also found the knack for flying the lil helicopter, it's pretty cool once you get the swing of it.

Swap to armour piercing ammo and they die much quicker

What gun does that out of interest?

Man of Honour
The first day I went on it was fun but on the 2nd day ( not sure if its a bug lol ) I couldnt workout how some players were getting like 50+ kills in about 10 minutes

I've not seen that yet, highest person in my squad kill wise has been about 50 by the end of a match and that was because they were in a heli. I assume the 50+ kill guy was in your squad (else you wouldnt have known the 50 kills - dont go by the killstream text because there is a bug where the killstream text gets duplicated which might give a false impression) so maybe if you see it again spawn on them and track them around and see what they are doing.

Soldato
I've not seen that yet, highest person in my squad kill wise has been about 50 by the end of a match and that was because they were in a heli. I assume the 50+ kill guy was in your squad (else you wouldnt have known the 50 kills - dont go by the killstream text because there is a bug where the killstream text gets duplicated which might give a false impression) so maybe if you see it again spawn on them and track them around and see what they are doing.

Yeah you're probably right about it being a bug, I'll have to see how it works out when the game goes full

Soldato
Finally got around to having some time to play a bit of the Beta and whilst I found it enjoyable enough gameplay wise (personally would prefer a more infantry focused map but I get that there will be a mix of map sizes for the final game), the stuttering on my 5900X / 2070Super build at 1080p Ultra settings was horrendous (dropping settings made no appreciable difference to the stuttering even if the overall framerate increased). When it wasn't stuttering it seemed smooth enough (G-sync enabled) but damn.

Man of Honour
If they bothered to include actual army skins instead of the game looking like a paintballers weekend out it would be nice.

I guess there wasnt much need really to include outfits and cosmetic skins for the beta, I'd expect a lot of different skins and cosmetics in the release version, both free and paid.

Back
Top Bottom