The England Cricket Thread

Soldato
Some positive news about the Ashes going ahead and the terms put forward by Cricket Australia being agreeable in the first instance. Decision awaited on Friday. Already have my tickets for Melbourne and Brisbane although given the way it's going I doubt Queensland will let us in.

Soldato
Been a fun World Cup group stage so far, buzzing for England's start tomorrow. Can't remember the last time I felt so confident about our chances, but I'd still back India.

Soldato
That was an emphatic statement if there ever was one. Don't think the bowling was incredible as such, but Morgan's captaincy was spot on; got the matchups right with Moeen in the powerplay to their powerful left-handers and played right into their hands. Didn't give anything away in the field either.

Associate
I wonder if we will see Quinton de Kock play for South Africa again? Based on the reports it looks like he pulled out of today's game after the team was mandated to take a knee. He has been the only SA player not to make a gesture before games.
Could also impact his playing in 20/20 leagues around the world.

Caporegime
Probably not, at least not in this WC I would've thought.

So CSA are forcing him to do something he doesn't want to do, or not play? So he just doesn't play. I say fair play to him, it's his right to make that choice.

Associate
Probably not, at least not in this WC I would've thought.

So CSA are forcing him to do something he doesn't want to do, or not play? So he just doesn't play. I say fair play to him, it's his right to make that choice.
That's true, and the SA captain did put it quite well

" "In saying that, Quinton is an adult. He is a man in his own shoes. We respect his decision, we respect his convictions, and I know he will be standing behind the decision he has taken."
but went on to add
"As much as you have the choice to decide what you want to do, you can't escape the consequences of the choices and decisions we make"
Anyways its looking good for England so far

Soldato
Seems like it's all been sorted.

As for England it's all plain sailing, can't see a situation where they don't qualify out of the group stages. Pakistan the other side off to a flyer

Back
Top Bottom