Tory MP says people using term ‘white privilege’ should be reported to the Home Office as extremists

Soldato
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/white-privilege-tory-mp-jonathan-gullis-b1935308.html

On the one hand it seems like an over reaction but equally I object to teachers being allowed to push politically charged, anti-British and divisive concepts like "white privilege" at impressionable schoolchildren unchallenged?

I don't feel like trying to make children guilty about their ethnicity is particularly healthy so I'd actually be in favour of banning the promotion of ideologies like this in education.

Man of Honour
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/white-privilege-tory-mp-jonathan-gullis-b1935308.html

On the one hand it seems like an over reaction but equally I object to teachers being allowed to push politically charged, anti-British and divisive concepts like "white privilege" at impressionable schoolchildren unchallenged?

I don't feel like trying to make children guilty about their ethnicity is particularly healthy so I'd actually be in favour of banning the promotion of ideologies like this in education.

As would I, but making an official report to a state body intended for anti-terrorism purposes is somewhat further than I would go. They're extremists, definitely. Also authoritarians and racists. But not terrorists.

Caporegime
We just basically need to kick identity politics out of everywhere including schools, it's a cancer on society.

Treat one another as unique individuals based on their character and not members of a collective group based on their appearance.

Just because one white person does something racist doesn't mean all white people are racist.

Just because one man attacks a woman doesn't mean all men are a threat to women.

Just because one Muslim commits terrorism doesn't mean all Muslim's are terrorists.

Just because one police officer commits a terrible crime doesn't mean the whole force are evil.

Last edited:
Caporegime
“It’s absolutely disgusting, we need to start sacking people who are pushing their political ideology.”

This from an MP is as hilarious as his other nonsense is distasteful. What a loon.

Caporegime
Seems a bit OTT, that sort of term is mainstream among woke types... I'd agree that identity politics like that is mostly a bunch of guff at best and often actively quite harmful but I think the people involved in pushing it are frequently naive or just plain thick rather than malicious.

Caporegime
I absolutely detest the term. It’s used to try and make someone guilty about their skin colour. It’s like that bloody stupid gammon insult. Pure racism inflicted by people who claim to be fighting racism. Disgusting.

Soldato
There was sustained efforts 10-15 years ago to have members of the BNP sacked from teaching and police roles, so it's not like there isn't precedent in what's being talked about.

And I seem to remember some of them had their kids taken away. Yea their views are a bit nuts. But so are many of the woke types.

They don't teach white supremacy in schools, but they are teaching some of the woke nonsense which is just as harmful.

Soldato
There was sustained efforts 10-15 years ago to have members of the BNP sacked from teaching and police roles, so it's not like there isn't precedent in what's being talked about.

Then in terms of equal treatment under the law, other racial supremacy ideologies should be treated the same way.

Caporegime
Just because one man attacks a woman doesn't mean all men are a threat to women.
but 97% of attackers are men.

1 in 3 men have a criminal record. Of those men with a criminal record, just over half of these had been convicted on only one occasion, and 85% were convicted before they were 30 years old

using female logi 1 in 3 males under 30 year olds is a very dangerous individual indeed.

we can probably use statistics to claim men over 30 are low risk and may be allowed out the home during curfew.

maybe we could argue even further in a modern society that is inclusive and does not differentiate between gender all "people" should have to curfew just to ensure humanities survival

Soldato
There's a few on here.

Go on, name and shame them then..

but 97% of attackers are men.

using female logi 1 in 3 males under 30 year olds is a very dangerous individual indeed.

we can probably use statistics to claim men over 30 are low risk and may be allowed out the home during curfew

Can you please link to your statistics so we can check the facts?

Back
Top Bottom