*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Tetris belongs on a hand held console!

First full day with the OLED and I'm still blow away by it. I have a V1 (;)) and V2. I'll be selling the V2. Ignore those on YT that say if you have a V2 It's not worth the upgrade. It's absolutely worth the upgrade if your switch sees hand held use. Night and day difference in contrast, colour, response and size. Smash is actually playable now in handheld, says it all. :p

Associate
Tetris belongs on a hand held console!

First full day with the OLED and I'm still blow away by it. I have a V1 (;)) and V2. I'll be selling the V2. Ignore those on YT that say if you have a V2 It's not worth the upgrade. It's absolutely worth the upgrade if your switch sees hand held use. Night and day difference in contrast, colour, response and size. Smash is actually playable now in handheld, says it all. :p

How are you finding the battery life in hand held mode ?

My oled versions battery dropped quite quickly last night when I played a bit of Metroid in handheld mode.

Cheers all

Soldato
How are you finding the battery life in hand held mode ?

My oled versions battery dropped quite quickly last night when I played a bit of Metroid in handheld mode.

Cheers all

It's early days yet, it'll need a few charge cycles to condition the battery but mine seems good. I haven't really been keeping track but it doesn't seem bad, last night was the second time I charged it after the initial first charge on Friday.

Soldato
Is this battery conditioning even true any more? Battery tech changes so quickly. I remember when you first got a new device, it was advised to charge it to 100% before ever using it.
I also remember some people believing that CPU's had a burn-in period...

Soldato
Truth of the matter is I play most of the time on my TV.
I would have loved to get one but I ended up cancelling my preorder.... didnt make sense for me tbh....
Hope you guys are all happy with your new Switch OLEDs :)

Soldato
Enjoying links awakening but let down by jarring frame rate drops that sadly take me out the zone.

Is this battery conditioning even true any more? Battery tech changes so quickly. I remember when you first got a new device, it was advised to charge it to 100% before ever using it.

People genuinely think headphones need a burn in period. The same people who spend 2k on a box of sand to route cables through mind

Man of Honour

It hasn't been true for decades.

They're fully power cycled multiple times in the factory too, so even if it was true then they've been through multiple full power cycles before you get your hands on it.

Back
Top Bottom