Tory MP says people using term ‘white privilege’ should be reported to the Home Office as extremists

Soldato
I think this "white privilege" term is more American than British. Like most Americans they think the world either acts like them, or should act like them.

America doesn't have the same class issues. In my view its because white people in the US think, or used to think, they were part of the system, especially when they could blame black people as against the system.

But we've never had that dynamic in the UK. The main problem here specifically is, and always as been, class i.e. classism.

Classism is really when the upper classes (and middle classes who aspire to be upper class) have a distain for the lower working classes. A lot of people in the lower working classes feel that the upper middle class people find it easier to call others racist without apologising to the lower working class people who made this country.

Caporegime
If someone can prove a teacher or lecturer has actually used the term then I might be more inclined to care, but so far it's looks rather a lot like pretending it's happening as a means to push further assaults on civil liberties.

Associate
I think this "white privilege" term is more American than British. Like most Americans they think the world either acts like them, or should act like them.

America doesn't have the same class issues. In my view its because white people in the US think, or used to think, they were part of the system, especially when they could blame black people as against the system.

But we've never had that dynamic in the UK. The main problem here specifically is, and always as been, class i.e. classism.

Classism is really when the upper classes (and middle classes who aspire to be upper class) have a distain for the lower working classes. A lot of people in the lower working classes feel that the upper middle class people find it easier to call others racist without apologising to the lower working class people who made this country.

I agree to an extent. But your statement does ignore that black or Asian people may be at the threat of violence, abuse or harrassment because of the colour of their skin. When I was a teenager in the 90s many of my Pakistani friends got beaten up and attacked because of the colour of their skin. I'd like to think it's gone away but my ex black girlfriend had the N word shouted at her out of cars, we had our car tire slashed by a racist neigbour (who was nuts anyway) and alongside that other forms of exclusion in the work place.

Soldato
Oh right, so you make outrageous claims and then fail to back them up. Sounds familiar..

I think it was him a few years ago he claimed that I was either was a BNP member or supported them and I directly challenged him several times to back it up and he went quiet. So he has a track record.

Soldato
Of course, this sort of stuff gets posted here from time to time:

"Because i am sure my offspring are perfectly fine the way they are. They would have fair hair and my eyes are blue. I wonder how my kids would look with an African lady huh? Say goodbye to most of my features then! Why would i want my childrens choices of people to breed with altered by hordes of Africans or this weird wish you have to see everyone mixed race and not celebrating christmas?"

Which does seem a bit Rivers of Blood, to be fair.

Permabanned
It's simply APPALLING a man with the undoubted credibility of a Trotskyist who hides stashes of survival goods in remote locations for when the balloon goes up, and posts his allegations on a somewhat (with due respect) nerdy computer forum in the form of unsubstantiated sleights as to the members having a secretive band of white supremacists utilising its catchment area for nefarious purposes. I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight. Mortified isn't the word. Wetting myself laughing might be more accurately descriptive ;)

Back
Top Bottom