Phanteks T30 - The 120mm Fan to Beat in 2021

Associate
Can someone please help me to understand this Igor's lab review? He seems to show lower airflow through the radiator vs the NF-A12X25 at the same rpm. He only tests 500, 1000, then max rpm, which is not equivalent between the two.

https://www.igorslab.de/en/phanteks-t30-fan-in-test-surprise-on-the-dark-side-of-power/4/

This is at odds with reviews I've seen such as the one from Optimum tech who showed significantly lower temperatures when testing on a radiator at equivalent speed.

It's quite hard to tell with the igor review given it's machine translated, but he seems to praise the T30s overall despite their high price. But I can't see how lower airflow at the same rpm as a thinner fan is praise worthy. I also don't see how this reconciles with the data I've seen elsewhere that shows the T30s giving better performance.

Soldato
TT158, I noticed same thing in Igor testing. Might have something to do with specific rpm his tests are ran at. I think 750rpm and 1250 rpm results would give a better overall view of fan peformance. That said I understand why he doesn't have more data points in his tests .. more points mean more time spent testing, and time is money.

I have 3 mates running T30s on radiators with lots of praise and no compaints. I'm running 3 as front intakes in Evolv mATX case and really like them. I did have problems setting up fan curves with MSI Command Center with T30s in Advanced mode, but switching them to Performance mode solved it. Besides, Command Center on MSI mobo isn't very good. I'm sure I would have no problems using Advanced mode if I hooked up my aquacomputer aquaro 5 using their aquasuite X software. It gives infinitely 'mo-betta' fan control. ;)

Associate
TT158, I noticed same thing in Igor testing. Might have something to do with specific rpm his tests are ran at. I think 750rpm and 1250 rpm results would give a better overall view of fan peformance. That said I understand why he doesn't have more data points in his tests .. more points mean more time spent testing, and time is money.

I have 3 mates running T30s on radiators with lots of praise and no compaints. I'm running 3 as front intakes in Evolv mATX case and really like them. I did have problems setting up fan curves with MSI Command Center with T30s in Advanced mode, but switching them to Performance mode solved it. Besides, Command Center on MSI mobo isn't very good. I'm sure I would have no problems using Advanced mode if I hooked up my aquacomputer aquaro 5 using their aquasuite X software. It gives infinitely 'mo-betta' fan control. ;)

Yeah it is interesting, eh. I still think I'll combine them with my NF-A12X25s, replacing the P12s that I have on my radiators, as those just aren't good across the entire rev range for me. I'll finally install the Aquacomputer Octo I bought at the same time. Probably a winter project :)

Soldato
Yeah it is interesting, eh. I still think I'll combine them with my NF-A12X25s, replacing the P12s that I have on my radiators, as those just aren't good across the entire rev range for me. I'll finally install the Aquacomputer Octo I bought at the same time. Probably a winter project :)
Please let us know how it all works out. Always good to hear what others learn.

Associate

Do you not just run the fans at a set speed? Run my P12's @ 900rpm constant.

Soldato
Can someone please help me to understand this Igor's lab review? He seems to show lower airflow through the radiator vs the NF-A12X25 at the same rpm. He only tests 500, 1000, then max rpm, which is not equivalent between the two.

https://www.igorslab.de/en/phanteks-t30-fan-in-test-surprise-on-the-dark-side-of-power/4/

This is at odds with reviews I've seen such as the one from Optimum tech who showed significantly lower temperatures when testing on a radiator at equivalent speed.

It's quite hard to tell with the igor review given it's machine translated, but he seems to praise the T30s overall despite their high price. But I can't see how lower airflow at the same rpm as a thinner fan is praise worthy. I also don't see how this reconciles with the data I've seen elsewhere that shows the T30s giving better performance.
What radiator was he testing it on? Is this another case of different radiators working better with certain fans etc?

Associate
I don't think that he actually does water temperature testing, but more air through the radiator would surely always mean lower temps? Hence why increasing the rpm of the same fan lowers temps.

you’d think that but unless you are seeing cpu temps lower airflow through the rad doesn’t tell you much.

Soldato
Probably best to test fans for airflow and not CPU or water temp.
Independent fan testing airflow and pressure data gives us a general idea of how well they perform against each other. I've searched Igor site and find nothing about what radiators they use, only the thicknesses are listed. To use a bunch of different brands and model of radiators (or on different coolers or in different cases) would mean testing a fan could take days instead of a few hours. Would be nice if he said what radiators they used, but at the end of the day his testing is much more detailed than most.

Soldato
Has anyone tried these fans with the EK coolstream radiators ? Will the included screws work ?

edit: can confirm the screws that come with the fan work on EK rads

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom